Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2006   #1
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
Inflated Conversion Tracking Stats

For those that track conversions at MSN, does anyone else see inflated numbers? MSN consistently reports 40-50% more conversions than we are actually getting from MSN. I don't see how this is possible since the conversion code is only on our confirmation page and that page only displays for successful orders. Yet every day, MSN reports tell me that I have sold more units through this outlet than I actually have. Sometimes, one term will show 8 sales when in fact only only one unit of that specific product has been sold and there actually was only 1 click on that term!

Is anyone else having this problem? I figured when we went live with MSN AdCenter that this was some bug that would go away, but its been over a year now it seems to be actually getting worse. We have tracked conversions through numerous outlets and never have we seen over-reporting of conversions.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #2
Irish Hoosier

Irish Hoosier is on a distinguished road
You're not alone and your percentages are right on with mine. I've seen the same thing happen with Yahoo's tracker too but not as inflated.
Irish Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #3
SonicAM19
Chicago SEM

SonicAM19 is on a distinguished road
Have you contacted adcenter? I tried and didnt get anywhere, as I have the same problem. Adcenter reports twice the conversions i receive, so i just cut the number in half, but how lame is that.
SonicAM19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #4
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
I wonder if this is a tactic by MSN to increase bid prices. If advertisers think they are getting 40-50% more conversions than they actually are, then bids will be inflated as well.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote