Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2006   #1
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
SEW Live! in Dallas, Texas - January 25, 2007

We're hitting the road again - and coming to Dallas, TX for a special Search Engine Watch LIVE! event at the Adam's Mark Hotel.

The complete agenda will be posted shortly, but from 1 pm - 5:30pm, we'll be going over some of the hottest topics in search, with some of the hottest speakers in search covering organic & social media optimization, paid search issues, and have a discussion on the future of search.

More information & registration on the can be found here
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
It's great to see SEW finally coming back to Dallas, as I recall the last time was in 2001. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here, it is surely going to be a great event.
Old 12-19-2006   #3
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
Damn Texans - you get all the good stuff.

...any chance SEW would put in an appearance in Eastern Canada?

I mean, there's got to be at least 3, maybe 4 of us doing SEM work here...

Worst case Elisabeth, we'll have a heck of a good night on the town - lots of night-life here.
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #4
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Just my 2 cents, I think these local meets are a great idea.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #5
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy
...any chance SEW would put in an appearance in Eastern Canada?
I gather you know about SES Toronto this year?

Shame I can't make this event in Texas, couldn't justify the transatlantic flight to my boss.

Rob
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #6
Crimcheck

Crimcheck is on a distinguished road
I have already registered and will be there with bells on! I am looking forward to meeting with the SEW staff.
Crimcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #7
Kevin Newcomb

Kevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really nice
We had a great turnout and a great time in Dallas. I didn't take as many photos as I had intended, but I did post a few here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/searchenginewatch/. Also, Giovanni Gallucci, of Kinetic Results and the DFW-SEM Organization, took plenty more, and tagged them with "SESDallas."

Last edited by Kevin Newcomb : 01-27-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Kevin Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #8
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
wow congrats that does look like it was a great turnout! thanks for the links of pics, kevin. If anyone took any notes that they would want to share we'd love to hear more about the content I'm sure.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #9
Christine

Christine will become famous soon enoughChristine will become famous soon enough
More Pictures...

I posted a few more shots from the conference here.

The conference was a lot of fun and a great networking expereince. The whole Dallas search community came out in force.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #10
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
video podcast link

and blog coverage from Giovanni Gallucci, CTO of Kinetic Results.

Video Coverage of SEW Live in Dallas - interviews with speakers...

egads.. i just got to my clip at the end... I was clearly tired after a long day

Last edited by Elisabeth : 01-31-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #11
Christine

Christine will become famous soon enoughChristine will become famous soon enough
More Coverage

DFWSEM President Rob Garner wrote a wonderful article in Search Insider covering the Dallas SEW event.

Last edited by Christine : 01-31-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #12
swiftmed
Swift Media UK

swiftmed is on a distinguished road
i wish i was able to go to something like this. I live in the United Kingdom and most conferences and events like this seem to happen in the US.

are events like this free to go to or is it some kind of learning course which you pay to go to?

Andy

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 02-10-2007 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Removed signature link
swiftmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #13
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftmed
I live in the United Kingdom and most conferences and events like this seem to happen in the US.

are events like this free to go to or is it some kind of learning course which you pay to go to?
SES London is one of the biggest SEM events and is happening next week. Conference passes start from 495 GBP or you can get into the expo hall for free when pre-registering.

Rob
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #14
Kevin Newcomb

Kevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really niceKevin Newcomb is just really nice
There's also a full day of training classes available on Monday, for both PPC search advertising and SEO. The cost for that is 645. You can find the details on that here: Training Classes.
Kevin Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #15
sabrinawise1

sabrinawise1 is on a distinguished road
Recap of Meeting for my Church Website Business

Anyone care to recap some highlights of the meeting? I'm all the way in Florida and could not make it there.

I run a church website business, powerfulchurchwebsites.com.
I'm on the top page in all the searches, and am seeking guidance and moving further. Any help would be appreciated!

I think others could use a recap of the meeting too!

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 03-03-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Removed active link
sabrinawise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #16
wellis

wellis is on a distinguished road
Re: SEW Live! in Dallas, Texas - January 25, 2007

We run a church website design business as well. Rank high but keep bouncing in Google. Any suggestions?

Last edited by jimbeetle : 03-19-2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Suggestions? Yep, no link drops ;-)
wellis is offline   Reply With Quote