Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2004   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
TITLES dropped on AdWords right now

I just noticed that the titles are all down for AdWords for all searches I did... hope Google is aware of this.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004   #2
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Seems there is an IE bug that can remove titles just from the adwords... tricky sucker wonder if Google is aware of it?
Old 09-07-2004   #3
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Internet Security software?

AussieWebmaster, have you recently installed 'Internet Security' software, such as Norton 2004 - or has your existing security software been automatically updated online? (Mine updates ever single day for example, usually while I'm trying to do something else!)

If so, this may be the cause of what you are seeing - and an adjustment of the default settings should allow you to see those titles again.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004   #4
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep
AussieWebmaster, have you recently installed 'Internet Security' software, such as Norton 2004 - or has your existing security software been automatically updated online? (Mine updates ever single day for example, usually while I'm trying to do something else!)

If so, this may be the cause of what you are seeing - and an adjustment of the default settings should allow you to see those titles again.

AWR
I have been getting feedback that it is actually a virus.... if so I would think you guys would have a cure on the site by now!
Old 09-07-2004   #5
AdWordsRep

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
spyware?

Quote:
I have been getting feedback that it is actually a virus.... if so I would think you guys would have a cure on the site by now!
AussieWebmaster, this is the first I've heard of such a virus - so it's a new one to me. I've just pinged the tech team, and they're not hearing anything about it either.

My best guess is that it may be spyware, specific to your computer. Maybe it's time for a spyware 'search and destroy' mission.

I'll keep my ear to the ground on this end, though. And best of luck getting this resolved.

AWR
Old 09-07-2004   #6
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWordsRep
AussieWebmaster, this is the first I've heard of such a virus - so it's a new one to me. I've just pinged the tech team, and they're not hearing anything about it either.

My best guess is that it may be spyware, specific to your computer. Maybe it's time for a spyware 'search and destroy' mission.

I'll keep my ear to the ground on this end, though. And best of luck getting this resolved.

AWR
Sorry to cause a panic it is not so much a virus as a bug... and spyware... but not specific to my system I have had a few other people tell me they have had the same problem.
Old 09-08-2004   #7
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
spyware is evil

not sure what browser you are using but you may want to
http://browsehappy.com/
Old 09-10-2004   #8
AdWordsRep

Spyware?

Quote:
...it is not so much a virus as a bug... and spyware... but not specific to my system I have had a few other people tell me they have had the same problem.
Hey AussieWebmaster, I hope this issue is resolved for you now. I sort of assume so, since this thread has been quite for several days.

You mentioned a connection to IE in one of your earlier posts. Was it in IE only? Could you post any details on the spyware behind the problems you were having?

AWR
Old 09-10-2004   #9
AussieWebmaster

I will spend some time going over this tomorrow.