Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2004   #1
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
MSN Search Unveils Cleaner Look

Just noticed that MSN seems to have taken the cleaner look it promised to rollout on July 1 and made it available on the regular site, http://search.msn.com.

Anyone else seen the switch? I'm outside the US, so it could be hitting me and others selectively with the new look.

Some background on the change and the fact this is cosmetic, not a rollout of the new MSN search engine, can be found in this past article I wrote: New Look In July, New Search Engine Later, Says MSN

Last edited by dannysullivan : 06-08-2004 at 07:07 AM. Reason: fixed typo
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Interesting

We get different results from Yahoo and MSN... guess they do not let as many pages from the same base domain as compared to Yahoo... I am 3 in MSN and 5 in Yahoo with the same top 2 above me in both.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
I do not see the new look. Anyway you can post a jpg of it here?

Thanks
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #4
bwelford
Internet Marketing Consultant

bwelford is on a distinguished road
Looks the same as usual here in Canada.
Old 06-08-2004   #5
Anthony Parsons
Rubbing the shine of the knobs who think they're better than everyone else...

Anthony Parsons will become famous soon enough
The UK one looks cleaner, ie. without all the directory stuff below the search box...not sure if that has always been that way though.
Anthony Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #6
seobook
I'm blogging this

seobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to allseobook is a name known to all
I thought the new look was going to have the ads at the top in a box? I did not see it here.
Old 06-08-2004   #7
Dodger
Honorary Member

Dodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura aboutDodger has a spectacular aura about
I did not see any changes. They still have Featured Sites (numbered), then the Sponsored (bulleted), followed by Web Pages (numbered starting with 4) both on the beta and regular MSN search sites.

They do have the Sponsored Sites in a box also on the right sided of the page, but I think that has been like that for a while now.

Can you post an image of what you are seeing?
Old 06-08-2004   #8
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
False alarm on my end, sorry! Got myself confused with the new look to come and the existing one. I did look over at the beta site, http://beta.search.msn.com, but they've actually stopped showing the new look over there. So, it's still wait for July.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote