Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2006   #1
integramed
Search Engine Marketing for a U.S. Network of Fertility Clinics

integramed has a spectacular aura aboutintegramed has a spectacular aura about
When do you think we'll see AdWords on YouTube

How soon do you think we'll see AdWords all over YouTube? And perhaps not just text ads... video ads also? Seems to me Google needs to try and monetize this new found traffic as soon as they can. Predictions anyone?

Last edited by integramed : 10-12-2006 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo
integramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #2
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
YouTube had made a deal last month with Pulse360; text ads have been running there since then.

I don’t think Google will waist any time going live on YouTube. I predict within a couple weeks.

I would use caution though. YouTube is a fun place to visit, but it has a highly dysfunctional demo (which I'm part of). Since there is no search function ads are not seen in any context, just run of site and site targeting kind of placements. We had a boat load of traffic which lead to the lowest conversions we've experienced in a year. We quickly stopped running our ads there.

With that said, that is just our industry which has a pretty targeted demo. This is just a guess, but I think that the CORE audience of YouTube has limited expendable income, and is probably in the 13-22 year old range. x-box games and Beavis and Butthead T-shirts may sell well.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #3
integramed
Search Engine Marketing for a U.S. Network of Fertility Clinics

integramed has a spectacular aura aboutintegramed has a spectacular aura about
Good points Discovery, and my first thoughts were exactly the same. But then I did a bit of informal testing. We're in a highly specialized business (Fertility Clinics) and so I did a YouTube site search on that keyword and a few other keywords for our industry. I was surprised with the relevence of what I saw, and also with some of the view numbers. Certainly gave me food for thought.
integramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #4
Karomesis

Karomesis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would use caution though. YouTube is a fun place to visit, but it has a highly dysfunctional demo (which I'm part of). Since there is no search function ads are not seen in any context, just run of site and site targeting kind of placements. We had a boat load of traffic which lead to the lowest conversions we've experienced in a year. We quickly stopped running our ads there.
Which is exactly what I expected, and why I won't put ads anywhere near there unless I'm in the mood to up my BW cost or I happen to be selling myspace skins.
Karomesis is offline   Reply With Quote