Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2006   #1
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Click-To-Call Launches In The UK

First time I've seen Google Click-To-Call ads appearing on UK search results:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jet...oe=utf-8&gl=uk

I actually prefer this "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" model compared to MIVA's toll-free number setup.

Is this going to revolutionise paid search?

Will Google's promotion of Pay Per Call boost take up of MIVA's rival solution?

Let us know your thoughts.

Rob

PS. Credit goes to my workmate Sami for this spot.

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 09-04-2006 at 09:54 AM.
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #2
egain

egain is on a distinguished road
Personally I think so, we as a online marketing agency, have just launched our own service that does the same thing, to a positive response. To me it can only get bigger

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 09-04-2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: naughty, naughty... no self-promo links please!
egain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #3
egain

Sorry bout that Rob, seemed relevant to the post.

Anyhow, back on track, will be interesting in seeing the response by the general public as to the usage of clicktocall in terms of response to search engine queries
Old 09-05-2006   #4
Nivik23

Nivik23 will become famous soon enough
Crank Yankers

I see this opening up a whole new method of prank calling.

NiV23
Nivik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #5
egain

No more than click to call or any other website integrated technology.
Old 09-05-2006   #6
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
I know the crank calls will be there... but as a tool for local small companies it is a lot better than them trying to maintain a huge web site.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #7
peor

peor is on a distinguished road
So how does an advertiser get to use the click-to-call service?
peor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #8
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
There must be some type of option in the AdWords interface. Or you would need to contact a sales rep.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #9
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
So how does an advertiser get to use the click-to-call service?
peor, AussieWebmaster is correct in saying that the best path would be to contact AdWords support, using the 'Contact Us' link within your account, and express your interest.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #10
peor

peor is on a distinguished road
Hi, thank you both for that.
peor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #11
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Question Strange days indeed

I am getting strange third result today when I look at the search listed above. The result has no link on the Title, and the second line is a number. Sorry no place to host the screenshot, but it looks as follows:

Holidays from Leeds
448703008301Holidays from Leeds ***
We'll find all the latest holiday
deals flying out of Leeds-Bradford
Directline Holidays

***note this second "Holiday from Leeds" is not visible and only appeared when I pasted the ad into this post. Very strange...anyone else see this?
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #12
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
anyone else see this?
Comes up fine for me, maybe it's confused with you being in the US and viewing UK ads?

Rob
Old 09-12-2006   #13
egain

Same here , looks ok from this end.

Out of interest the link I posted regarding our Click to call offering seems to have been picking up some major interest of the following

216-239-45-4.google.com (216.239.45.4)
<snip>Active Promo URL</snip>
No referring link

Not sure what they are trying to evaluate but will keep an eye on it all the same

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 09-12-2006 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Be careful with those link URL's ;)
Old 09-12-2006   #14
evilgreenmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by egain
Out of interest the link I posted regarding our Click to call offering seems to have been picking up some major interest of the following
Probably Google monitoring changes to your PPCa page, trademark infringements and brand issues.

Rob
Old 09-12-2006   #15
theRealAirness

theRealAirness is on a distinguished road
Per per click seems more direct. And, click to call sounds like another extra step. So, I assume that pay per click performs better.
theRealAirness is offline   Reply With Quote