Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2004   #1
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
New Google Advertising Related Patent App?

I'm in the process of compiling the August list of search related patents and patent applications. I've been compiling these monthly lists on my ResourceShelf.com/extra page for about a year. The lists will soon move to SEW. The complete August list should be online soon.

In the meantime I just discovered a "just published" patent application (pub Aug 26, 2004). It looks like it comes from Google.

Not all patent apps explicitly list the organization the patent will be assisgned to. This is the case here.

However, many of the listed inventors ARE engineers at Google.

Interesting stuff.

Title:
Serving content-relevant advertisements with client-side device support

Abstract: A client-side application (such as a browser, a browser plug-in, a browser toolbar plug-in, etc. on an end user's computer) is used to support the serving of content-relevant ads to the client device. The client-side application may provide such support by sending document information (such as a document identifier, document content, content relevance information, etc.) to a content ad server. The client-side application may also be used to combine content of the document and the content-relevant ads. For example, the client-side application may combine content of the document and the ads in a window (e.g., in a browser window), may provide the ads in a window above, below, adjacent to a document window, may provide the ads in "chrome" of the browser, etc.

Full Text of App:
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...DN/20040167928

Related Google patent apps:

The Aug 26th app is related to:
SERVING ADVERTISEMENTS BASED ON CONTENT
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...NTS+BASED%2 2

which continues:

Methods and apparatus for serving relevant advertisements
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...TI SEMENTS%22

This app might also be of interest:
Serving advertisements using information associated with e-mail
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...TI SEMENTS%22

Last edited by garyp : 08-28-2004 at 11:57 PM.
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #2
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
I understand they Google did not put their name on it. Sounds like Gator 2
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #3
NFFC
"One wants to have, you know, a little class." DianeV

NFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to beholdNFFC is a splendid one to behold
Sounds more like Carnivore to me.
NFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #4
Incubator

Incubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura aboutIncubator has a spectacular aura about
Google in scumware...NO ...I think we all new this was coming

great post Gary!

Cheers

WC
Incubator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004   #5
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
Now, now, we don't know if it is in fact Google - just that the engineers all happen to be in Mountin View and erhhh work at Google
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004   #6
greenleaves

greenleaves will become famous soon enoughgreenleaves will become famous soon enough
I don't trust google anyway. Thanks for the great post thought
greenleaves is offline   Reply With Quote