Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2006   #1
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Google Apps for Your Domain

Quote:
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., August 28, 2006 - Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG)
today announced the launch of Google Apps for Your Domain
(http://www.google.com/a), a set of hosted applications for
organizations that want to provide high quality communications tools to
their users without the hassle of installing and maintaining software
or hardware.
Full Press Release: http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...27b944e3708671

I think that everyone was expecting this move by Google, an interesting offering similar to that of Everyone.net and Instant Portal in terms of private labelled email and calendar services.

From what I can see, Google Apps allows joebloggs.com to offer either their website visitors or corporate staff, private label GMail, GTalk, GCalendar and GPage Creator under the joebloggs.com domain. I haven't seen whether an API is available yet for offering on-site automatic sign-ups for a website's visitors (which would be cool as GMail's own service is still "invitation only").

I can see the service offering a permanantly free package for those willing to keep ads on their corporate/website systems along side the already announced "Premium" service. It will be interesting to see whether a premium service is advertising free, or if a rev-share AdSense model is introduced.

What are your thoughts?

Rob

Last edited by evilgreenmonkey : 08-28-2006 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Can't spell Adsense
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #2
Wavy Davy
Go Chelsea!

Wavy Davy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yay!

I signed up as soon as the email came through last night - I own a small vertical website that is just undergoing some radical changes and this invite arrived just in time....

I see it as very useful. I trust Google to always do the right thing so have no fears about privacy issues.

My "other site" is almost a one of a kind that I've owned since 2000 and never quite made money on - I think with the tools that Google just gave me and my Google Mini I may just turn the corner with this website.

My goal besides making a half decent living and working from my home office is to tidy up a "spammy market" that really is annoying not only to me but searchers too!

I will let on as soon as the community is rebuilt - pssstttt it's not another SEO site.

David
Wavy Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #3
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the writeup at the SEW Blog, with a link to the press release.

Google Launches Hosted Communications Services
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote