Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2006   #1
grnidone
Righteous Babe.

grnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nice
Has Google Landing Page Algo Caused Price Jump in Yahoo Ads?

I'm curious to know if the new google landing page algo has actually caused a jump in Yahoo ad prices. It seems that perhaps some people may not want to pay $5.00 a click base price for a google ad, and instead made their Yahoo ads more competitive.

I'm seeing mixed results, that may indicate this, but I'd like to hear from some other people to see if they are seeing this as well.
grnidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #2
1EightT
SimplifiedSEC.com

1EightT is on a distinguished road
So far i've seen pretty steady prices at YPN still. I'll keep an eye on the data over the next few days and see if I see an upward trend.
1EightT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
The marketplace is so big that I dont know if a google change can have a significant or direct impact on specific keywords within YSM.

Our experience is that for the past month and half our average CPC and CPL has not varied much on Google. Our traffic volume at Google has decreased slightly.

At YSM the CPC on some of our top Keywords has decreased slightly. Traffic is about the same.

So at least for our industry (financial services) if there is a direct connection, the G Algo change has not increased our costs on YSM.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote