Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2006   #1
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Upcoming Adcenter Upgrades

Okay the system is soon to have some new editions. Just recieved this from MSN.

We’ve listened to your feedback and I am pleased to let you know about an upcoming Microsoft adCenter upgrade that offers new features to improve your online advertising experience.

Some upgrade highlights:

·Now, use Microsoft adCenter with the Firefox 1.5 browser!
·Daily, weekly and monthly data will be updated every hour to help you view results and optimize campaigns in real-time.

·Select the time frame for which you want your campaign and order summaries to show, instead of viewing them in the life-to-date format.

·User-interface changes to the reporting tab will make usability simpler.

·API upgrades:
API customers will now have access to more procedure calls. Detailed API communications will be sent to API customers.

Your keywords and ads will remain live during the upgrade.

The adCenter upgrade should be complete on August 5th between 8 A.M. and 3 P.M. Pacific Time. During this period, your current keywords and ads will continue to run; however, you won’t be able to access adCenter to make changes.

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 07-31-2006 at 04:34 PM.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #2
MSI

MSI is on a distinguished road
This SOUNDS excellent. I hope all of these things are acomplished, it would indeed be an improvement. I will be keeping my fingers (and all my toes) crossed hoping that there will be no major prolems caused by the upgrade. FYI I heard the same thing from a rep today, but have not received anything official from MSN.
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #3
CraigM

CraigM is on a distinguished road
Beta Upgrade

Are they also going to improve the response time for turning campaigns on and off? I'm seem to still be having this issue on my campaign.
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #4
Masterlink2
MasterLink.com

Masterlink2 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI
This SOUNDS excellent. I hope all of these things are acomplished, it would indeed be an improvement. I will be keeping my fingers (and all my toes) crossed hoping that there will be no major prolems caused by the upgrade. FYI I heard the same thing from a rep today, but have not received anything official from MSN.
An official announcement? It only took them a week or two to let advertisers know that they couldn't track conversions for a week or so and then provided a fix only after announcing the problem existed. I also spoke with a rep who confirmed all of these new upgrades and she (Chelsea) said that they did get an internal memo about it today. At least they are letting their own people know a few days in advance. She also mentioned that they received a LOT of requests for firefox compatibility which is the main reason for this update.

-Mark Barrera
Masterlink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #5
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road
FINALLY! support for a non IE browser. you better believe i will have this installed asap for the code to work. now i can finally pump the funds to adcenter and see it's success.

with the firefox support enabled, do i need to do anything on my site? we do no have the conversion code installed at the moment. is the snippet of code that is available from within my adcenter account going to be the same code that will support the firefox browsers? meaning should i pass this code snippet to our development team and have them ready the site, or will this code change on the 5th?

Last edited by psurplus : 08-01-2006 at 04:09 PM.
psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006   #6
Masterlink2
MasterLink.com

Masterlink2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurplus
with the firefox support enabled, do i need to do anything on my site? we do no have the conversion code installed at the moment. is the snippet of code that is available from within my adcenter account going to be the same code that will support the firefox browsers? meaning should i pass this code snippet to our development team and have them ready the site, or will this code change on the 5th?
This firefox support is only for people logging in to manage accounts. It has no effect on people viewing the ads or the compatibility of your site with firefox; therefore, the conversion code will not be affected. The same snippet of code will work assuming you are using the NEW code (that temporarily killed conversion reporting ) referencing adcenter.microsoft.com and the adcenter.msn.com.

So in other words, the only change is that you can now manage your account in Firefox and don't have to spend the dreaded time clicking away in IE anymore and being fearful of some adware taking over.
Masterlink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #7
psurplus

you've got to be kidding me....

I will ask today when i attend their conference.
Old 08-02-2006   #8
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Thanks for posting Aussie!

This is such a great sign to me, and a solid example of how effective our forums can be. Although complaining is necessary at times, most of the posts to this forum over the past few months were constructive in nature with concise suggestions/requests/bug reports. It looks to me like the Adcenter team took the highest priority items and knocked them down. Good for us and good for them. Are there plenty more changes to be made? of course, but MSN does have a big ship to steer so they wont happen overnight. So, as long as they continue to make steady progress I will be one happy user of Adcenter.

The added bonus is that this kind of leadership in the industry can have a great impact on other SE's who are competing with them.

Nicely done Adcenter team

Cheers - Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #9
psurplus

Okay I got the scoop on the new release of adCenter for 8/5.

Support for Firefox will be for the advertiser login. They said that there is already support for Firefox to support conversion tracking code (however on our site it only works for the non secure pages). I will follow up on this to see whats really supported.

There will be cut/paste functionality for up to 200 keywords at once.
Filters for time instead of always defaulting to life to date. You will be able to view data by specific time periods- today, yesterday, this week, month, etc. as well as custom time periods.
With July's rocky problems and performance there may have been instances where your budget was overspent by over delivered ads. If you feel that you were affected in this way, contact adCenter and ask for a credit.
There will be better functionality in reporting. Reports will be able to be generated faster (fewer clicks) and you can select accounts for reports more easily.
Ad approval process is improved. Ads that got stuck in a pending status state have since been resolved since July 29th.
Delivery of ads (turning on/off aka pausing orders) will not be faster. Changes in ad status should occur within 2 hours of the change.
Power posting will allow for up to 2000 lines of copy paste functionality (right off their slide- conflicts w/ a previous comment of 200 kw's).
Some things coming to adCenter releases ovethe next 2 quarters-
redesign of the look/feel of adCenter. moving towards the windows live experience.
orders will go live sooner
"waterfall" attributes. Account settings that will trickle down to orders.
rejected keyword appeal process
bulk tools to manage campaigns (similar to adwords editor?)

Content Ad Pilot Program
There will be a U.S. invitation only pilot program this fall for content ads.
There will be support for bids on content and search ads.
Initially it will roll out on only Microsoft properties, in a text ad format only.

Analytics
adCenter recently acquired Deep Metrix an analytics company. There is planned integration to adCenter accounts during the second half of 2007. It will be free to all existing adCenter customers, however they made mention of a waiting list for new signups.

adLabs
if you haven't checked any of this out I suggest you do. currently its only built on about 10000 keywords, but will soon expand their kw base for 10mil.

If you have any questions about the content I posted just ask and I can try to explain it more. If you have a specific question you would like to address to adCenter, email adc411@microsoft.com.
Old 08-02-2006   #10
1EightT
SimplifiedSEC.com

1EightT is on a distinguished road
Thank god I can stop using crappy internet explorer to view adcenter. That is the only site I still have to use it for.
1EightT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #11
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Good add on mate.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006   #12
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Macs?

Will it work on Macs running Firefox?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #13
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Here's some information on the update that took place over this past weekend:

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ad.php?t=13064
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote