Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Ask.com
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2006   #1
gan

gan is on a distinguished road
Anybody else have a horrible experience advertising with Ask?

I've advertised on Google for a few years and Yahoo and MSN for one year and consider myself a fairly seasoned PPC advertiser, so I thought I'd try out advertising on Ask. I created a small test campaign with keywords that worked well on the other PPCs and small initial bids.

Almost immediately, I started getting 10 times the number of clicks that I get on the other PPCs and I was pretty excited. Then I started noticing some problems...

Of the hundreds of clicks I got in the first week, NOT A SINGLE VISITOR CLICKED PAST MY HOME PAGE! Not one! My ads didn't show up at Ask.com. I started looking into the referrer strings and found that the vast majority were coming from http://67.29.139.199/jump/ which appears to be the referring URL for http://www.abcsearch.com/ which I've never heard of. Other visitors came from sites like:
http://6729-89.partners.findology.com/2.php
http://www.sea55.com/search
http://www.cash4search.com/index.php
http://6721-1120.partners.findology.com/2.php
http://search.searchingmars.com/cgi-...rch/search.cgi
After a few days of this nightmare, I emailed Ask support and asked how to be removed from affiliate sites. No reply. When I canceled my account, I got the standard "why are you leaving", "how can we help" form page. I typed my experiences into the text field and submitted it to them. I have not heard back.

Has anyone else tried advertising on Ask? What was your experience?

Gan
gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #2
Meg

Ask.com Customer Service is HORRIBLE!

I too am having difficulties with Ask.com - so many difficulties that I came looking for someone to commiserate with.

I have been working with PPC's for five years now so I think I know the game pretty well. I am a low maintenance user and don't need a lot of assistance from tech or customer service at the PPCs. I have probably written Ask more times in the last four months (all about separate issues) than I have ever written all other PPCs in the last five years, combined. And I have only received one reply. And then of course I replied to that guy to answer his questions and never heard back. I even stopped by their booth at SESNYC and asked for help and explained my woes and a girl game me her card to contact her direct and she would help me. Did I ever hear from her when I contacted her? NO! So I am a bit frustrated.

Today I emailed them because they have started charging me $15 every time they charge my credit card and the fact that my monthly budget was blasted through in less than a day. I contacted them last week because they wouldn't let me add more money online. Why wouldn't a company contact you to take your money?

There is something seriously wrong over there at Ask.com. Besides their platform being worse than LookSmart from three years ago, but I am starting to think that they don't even have a customer service department. If they only knew how much I spent at the other PPCs a month, they would probably be treating me A LOT nicer.

So Gan, yes, we seem to be having similar issues. My small test that would do fantastically anywhere else is creating horrible traffic. And customer service is horrible. I don't really know why I keep trying . . .
Old 07-31-2006   #3
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Findology is pure junk, in our experience. I was able to get Ask customer service to remove our ads from that site. 67.29.139.199 is pure junk also. I have asked them to remove us from that site, but to no avail. Outside of those 2 sites, we do get good conversion rates from Ask.

I had good luck with their CS when we started with Ask about 6 months ago, but lately I haven't been able to get anyone to return my emails. Wonder what's going on over there?

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #4
B2DTop

B2DTop is on a distinguished road
Problems with Ask.com Platform

Gan, you are absolutely right. There are definite issues that they need to address before they can become anywhere near competitive with the other engines. I use to run ads on them before they became the newer slicker Ask by dropping the Jeeves, and those campaigns didn't work well so I stopped using them until they relaunched this year. It looked very promising and I ran a test campaign on it. Here is a short list of things that really made advertising with them difficult:

1. Ads bought through Ask.com will only show in the top position unless you're in three specific verticals (real estate, cars, and something else if I remember correctly) If you don't bid to top position, you're waiting for the top guy to expend his daily budget before you get your ads seen. Problem with this is, the longer you're not seen, the lower your CTR becomes and the more you'll have to bid to be first. When I first started, Ask.com's bid system told me I had to bid a very high price, in the $20 dollar rage to be first. I did not and after a while, it went upwards of $50 for a click to be in first position!!! What ever!

2. Ask.com does not report number of impressions, nor do they track conversions. They do report spend and clicks. IMPORTANT: Number of clicks is not actual clicks. They take your monthly spend, divide it by the average CPC and then spit out the number of clicks you had that month. Keep this in mind for my next point.

3. They make a huge hubbub on the FAQ's about Delivered Clicks and Billable Clicks. You can read their FAQ about what these two are, but the important point here is that they state that the number of delivered clicks can never be higher than the number of Billable clicks (logical, no?) Anyway, that's not the case, when it comes time to report, the Billable clicks is always higher than delivered clicks. One of the Ask.com VP's answered with that this was happening because of remainders and carry overs from when they calculate clicks (as mentioned above) This was just a clear example of how the platform is not well understood by those who work and sell it.

4. It quickly became apparent that Ask.com was resulting in a cost per conversion (based on client database since Ask.com doesn't capture conversions) that was way more than the other engines (sorry, can't disclose actuals) Discussion with two Ask.com members resulted in the same answer - use negative keywords. I tried that and it did absolutely nothing. But that's the only other tool they have that clients can use, so it's always the go to answer.

5. Their reporting tool can report performance for everything except for the two immediate days prior. So if you tweak anything in your campaign, you have to wait two days to see how it worked.

6. Changing bids is a horror if you have a lot of keywords. In stead of being able to do it online, you have to download a bulksheet and then upload it again. And when you do so, all your creative and everything appears to go through review again. Toward the end of my time with Ask.com, I tweaked some bids and when I uploaded the bulksheet, they didn't accept some of my creative (same creative that had been running for two months) It's the oddest thing.

Until there's more visibility into where your ads are going, how they're placed, why you're bidding the prices you are, how many people are seeing your ads, it's virtually impossible to do anything with. It was a huge leap of faith to go with Ask.com and the whole time, I felt like I was flying blind. Oh, and a final note, the console is extremely slow. So when you're all flustered from trying to figure out what's going on, the amount of time you have to wait to get anything out of the system will probably make you accelerate any baldness patterns you may have inherited from your parents. Good luck, folks!

Last edited by B2DTop : 08-03-2006 at 05:39 PM.
B2DTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006   #5
Mel66

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Very interesting post, B2DTop. Very interesting indeed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2DTop
2. Ask.com does not report number of impressions, nor do they track conversions. They do report spend and clicks. IMPORTANT: Number of clicks is not actual clicks. They take your monthly spend, divide it by the average CPC and then spit out the number of clicks you had that month.
Yikes! I guess I didn't read the FAQ's carefully enough! Holy moses! How crazy is that system?!?
Quote:
4. It quickly became apparent that Ask.com was resulting in a cost per conversion (based on client database since Ask.com doesn't capture conversions) that was way more than the other engines (sorry, can't disclose actuals) Discussion with two Ask.com members resulted in the same answer - use negative keywords. I tried that and it did absolutely nothing. But that's the only other tool they have that clients can use, so it's always the go to answer.
We use Exact Match, and Ask's system does not allow negative keywords for exact match keywords. In theory, that's fine - your ads shouldn't be showing for anything other than exact matches, right? WRONG. Our logs clearly show that we are getting significant traffic from non-exact matches on our exact match keywords. The worst example is our ads for several of our single-word keywords showing on searches for "www.keyword.com." Since when is that an exact match?!? It ain't, in my book. I've contacted them 3 times about this issue and have yet to receive a response.

Quote:
5. Their reporting tool can report performance for everything except for the two immediate days prior. So if you tweak anything in your campaign, you have to wait two days to see how it worked.
True - although they do have their "estimated traffic" reports which can give you that info (albeit estimated); and if you have your own tracking enabled (proprietary or 3rd-party tool), you can get that info as well.

Quote:
Until there's more visibility into where your ads are going, how they're placed, why you're bidding the prices you are, how many people are seeing your ads, it's virtually impossible to do anything with. It was a huge leap of faith to go with Ask.com and the whole time, I felt like I was flying blind. Oh, and a final note, the console is extremely slow. So when you're all flustered from trying to figure out what's going on, the amount of time you have to wait to get anything out of the system will probably make you accelerate any baldness patterns you may have inherited from your parents. Good luck, folks!
Oh, yes, the console is horrid. Almost un-usable. However, if you use a 3rd party bidding tool like Atlas, you can update your bids that way and it's *much* easier. Also, again, it's vital when using a 2nd-tier PPC (or any PPC, for that matter) to have your own tracking in place so you don't have to wait for reports from the PPC interface. If you have your own tracking, you can see where your traffic is coming from, and try to address problems right away. Although, good luck in the case of Ask - like I said, I've called, emailed, etc. several times over the past month or so and no one has ever responded. Doesn't really make me want to keep spending my money there. Our ROI overall is ok, but if they don't have any better customer service than this, the volume doesn't justify the effort nor the risk.

Melissa
Old 08-04-2006   #6
B2DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel66
Oh, yes, the console is horrid. Almost un-usable. However, if you use a 3rd party bidding tool like Atlas, you can update your bids that way and it's *much* easier. Also, again, it's vital when using a 2nd-tier PPC (or any PPC, for that matter) to have your own tracking in place so you don't have to wait for reports from the PPC interface. If you have your own tracking, you can see where your traffic is coming from, and try to address problems right away. Although, good luck in the case of Ask - like I said, I've called, emailed, etc. several times over the past month or so and no one has ever responded. Doesn't really make me want to keep spending my money there. Our ROI overall is ok, but if they don't have any better customer service than this, the volume doesn't justify the effort nor the risk.

Melissa
Oh I absolutely agree with you. The client I was testing this for has a very long buildout time, so I didn't want to place a work order in for something that was going to last only three months.

But I must say though, our account rep was very responsive, she actually gave me her AIM name to contact her at any time. The problems arose when the questions were asked and no one ever there had an answer readily available. I guess they're trying, and with each unsatisfactory answer I got back from them, it was always caveated with something like the new console buildout will address that issue. Unfortunately, I never got a date on when this new buildout would be executed.

Thanks for your insight, Melissa. It's good to know I wasn't the only one trawling the gutters of Ask.
Old 08-04-2006   #7
Mel66

We had a great rep at Ask when we first started. He gave me his direct phone number and email address. Never had any problems - until he left the company. Now, I've got no phone number (his direct number dead-ends at his voice mail) and no email other than their lame "support" address. I don't think anyone even checks that one!

I never heard anything about a new console. They sure need one.

Melissa
Old 08-05-2006   #8
roeinstein

roeinstein is on a distinguished road
Distribution via Ask.com's partner network is worthless. Right now I am running a campaign and 100% of my traffic is coming from partners of Findology. Not a single visitor has clicked thru to anything on the site. They are obviously either tricking people into clicking the links or it is just plain fake.

Now whats really lame is not a single one of my keywords can be found in the ask.com search results. They claim that they only remove you from the ask.com search results if your CTR falls below 1.47%. This is complete bull****. My terms have never showed up so how can say it's ever fallen below that? I believe it's simply becuase I've set my max CPC very low, although the CPC I am paying is what they claim is necessary to recieve placement in ask.com (which does convert).

Ask.com needs to allow to you opt out of these partner sites and regulate on some of their exisiting parnters. Just a quick look at some of these partners and you can tell they are not legitmate. Ask.com must be aware of these problems and it seriously makes me wonder what the hell is going on over there. All of my calls have gone un-returned and the lady at the desk even had the nerve after having me on hold for 15 minutes that they are "in a meeting", THE WHOLE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT? Do they even have one? They have replied to a few emails but they have all been half assed answers, not addressing the real question, all from an individual named "john".

Some really shady stuff going on, can't wait to try and get some answers at SES since I can't get any real answers by email or phone.
roeinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #9
Mike McGrath

Mike McGrath is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone, I am on the Client Services team for Ask Sponsored Listings. I read through this thread and wanted to share with you some information that may be helpful as you manage your Ask Sponsored Listings campaigns.

Before I begin, however, since the launch of Ask Sponsored Listings in August 2005 (our 1 year anniversary is next week), we have collected user feedback such as this for incorporation back into the product. Certain enhancements are quicker to market than others, but certainly all feedback is important. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Below are a few comments on how we are addressing (or have already addressed) some of the items listed in this thread:

Top 3 Positions on Ask.com – The ability to bid for and display Sponsored Listings in the top three positions across all verticals, not just Finance, Travel and Telecom is now possible. This recent improvement increases available inventory and offers Ask.com advertisers above-the-fold placement on all Ask.com search results pages.

Optimization strategies -- While employing negative matching to general keywords is an effective optimization strategy, it is not the only tactic we recommend using. We recommend a combination of negative matching (if necessary), a refined keyword list to improve keyword relevancy, and optimizing listing titles and descriptions to facilitate user action. If these optimizations do not improve campaign ROI, we then turn our attention to keyword bids and pricing them in a range that will meet anticipated ROI metrics.

Two-day delay in delivery numbers -- Currently, our reporting data is typically available two days after delivery. We do this to help reconcile delivery data to ensure our data reflects true delivery (this includes processes such as Fraud Filtering). We are working towards offering real-time reporting and this should be available with our next system release, which we expect to launch in early Q4.

Bid Management Tool – The current bid management upload process triggers the review process. Moving forward, it would be easier and quicker to upload bid changes without triggering the review process, especially when listings were not edited. This is a project we have submitted to our product team.

Ask.com Network -- We manage our network of partners very closely. It is not accurate to assume that because we are partnered with certain networks that we take all of their traffic. We evaluate each partner site and manage conversion and traffic on a referrer level. We also do extensive fraud filtering to ensure we charge our advertisers for only the highest quality of clicks. Ask.com is part of the IAB’s recently formed Click Measurement Working Group, a group dedicated to creating a set of Click Measurement Guidelines. These guidelines, a joint effort with the Media Rating Council, will provide the detailed definition of a “click” and the standard against which clicks are measured and counted.

Support -- Our growth since August 2005 has been tremendous, and we have recognized a need to increase the level of support our customers are currently receiving. We are in the process of addressing this through additional resources and system enhancements. Already, there has been improvement in support turnaround times, but we are not 100% there yet. As we continue to improve our service levels, we will make every effort to respond in a timely and informative manner.

We value and appreciate your feedback. We are dedicated to making your experience with Ask Sponsored Listings a positive one. We will use this feedback to continually improve and enhance the product.

Thanks,
Ask Sponsored Listings Client Services
Mike McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #10
gan

gan is on a distinguished road
Mike,

Thank you for responding. In my short experience with Ask, my primary concern was with the quality of the Ask.com Network. Is it possilbe to to remove my ads from some Network members or from the entire Network and only be listed on Ask.com? If so, I would be willing to reopen my account and give Ask a second chance.

Gan
gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006   #11
B2DTop

Thanks for a Voice from Ask

Hey Mike,

Thanks so much for posting your reply. I've been sitting here wondering why Ask.com doesn't have anyone watching this forum for these exact issues we have been discussing. I'm glad that you're here and that you posted what you did. It really shows initiative on Ask.com's part on becoming a competitive engine.

Since you're here, I'd like to hear from you what your thoughts are on the future of reporting impressions and conversions are. I know what the sales reps say, but I want to hear from you since what you're saying seems so much more straight forward than anything I can get from a sales person. The reason this is important to me is because many of our clients do view Ask.com as a "test" and not a true player in the search space. As such, they will not commit to funds to use third party tracking so we're put in a position where we have to rely on the Ask.com console, and as you can imagine, it is very difficult to paint a good picture without any information.

Also, can you shed some light on how the bid price for top position is calculated? My rep said it works exactly like Google's - cost x CTR. The part that makes it difficult to swallow is that no matter how competitive the terms are on Google, I have never been asked to pay upwards of $50 a click. And I do keywords in VoIP, real estate, and mortgages, which, as you know, are rather competitive.

Thanks, Mike!
Old 08-08-2006   #12
roeinstein

Gan,

You can get them to stop the partner traffic. I got them to after sending hundreds of clicks to a campaign and getting a 0% CTR across the board. Now I'm not getting any clicks what so ever. Even though I have paid the Min. CPC to recieve placement for the exact phrases I am bidding on I still have not got into the ask.com results and my CTR has been locked in at 1.47%.

I am not very clear on how they can really say that they manage their partner network that close. Some are re-selling the traffic like findology www.findology.com/Partners-LearnMore.php and masking the orginal source and some just look totally ridiculous like cash4search.com.

Last edited by Chris_D : 10-21-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2006   #13
Mike McGrath

Hi everyone, this thread has become a great opportunity to hear (and learn) from experienced search marketers using our Ask Sponsored Listings product. Thank you for keeping this thread active.

I'll try to address some of the questions/issues you have raised.

Impression and Conversion Reporting -- When we launched the Ask Sponsored Listings system, we did not build impression reporting functionality into the release because cost-side ROI analysis incorporates cost per click spends, not cost per thousand impressions served (the CPM-based model). However, as we continue to collect customer feedback and build enhancements into the system, impression reporting will certainly be considered. In fact, our next release, scheduled for Q4 2006, will provide keyword click through rate (CTR) data in the console.

As a side note, in order to view your listings’ CTRs in today’s system, you need to download the Manage Keyword CPCs report. To access this report:
1. Login to your account,
2. Click on “Campaigns” tab,
3. Click on “Manage Keyword CPCs” in the sub navigation menu,
4. Click on “Download Results” link. (This will trigger a .csv file download).

As for conversion reporting, quite frankly, today there are many proven third party solutions available to advertisers. So, as not to introduce another proprietary solution, we have arranged partnerships with a host of leading third party tracking providers including Atlas, Reprise Media and Did-it.

CPC Bids for Top Position -- Our system calculates the specific CPC that is necessary for a given position, based upon the maximum CPC other buyers are willing to pay and the CTR of each competing listing. This is a unique feature of Ask Sponsored Listings in that other PPC providers offer broad ranges of required CPCs for a given position. Google, for example, doesn’t provide the advertiser with the required or minimum CPC to achieve a position. Instead, they simply allow you to plug in your desired CPC and they estimate the daily cost and position/ranking – which tends to be a very broad estimate. So Ask Sponsored Listings actually provides more detail than Google by giving advertisers the precise CPC required to guarantee a given position.

While the max CPC estimate for the first position can sometimes be high it is rarely the actual CPC paid for each click. New listings accumulate CTR data once they are live on the site (all new listings enter the system with a default CTR of 1.47%). As your listing receives distribution and if it is relevant to the targeted query, your CTR should increase above 1.47%. When this occurs, the CPC required for a given position is altered.

If you are still uncomfortable with the prospect of paying the requested CPC you can bid on the 2nd or 3rd position. With the recent introduction of more positions on Ask.com you can bid on the 2nd or 3rd ordinal and still receive distribution. The max CPC bid can always be increased once the real CTR for your listing has been established.

Managing Network Partners -- When managing network traffic, we realize that not all traffic is of equal value. Knowing this, we have created a discounting structure based on publishers' performance, measured via CPA metrics. We hold our publishers to high standards, and we have a team dedicated to working with them and monitoring their performance. Some partners do mask their downstream URLs but we have mechanisms in place to continue to fine tune their downstream traffic sources.

The bottom line when it comes to network traffic is to evaluate how we are performing from a CPA perspective. If your Ask Sponsored Listings program is not meeting your CPA goals, and after you have exhausted your optimization efforts, we often recommend modifying your bids to bring costs inline with your CPA goals.

We hope this helps.

Thanks again,

The Ask Sponsored Listings Team
Old 08-11-2006   #14
roeinstein

Mike,

It's great that you are coming in here and trying to offer explainations and everything but you are not really addressing the point of the thread. We are saying your partner traffic sucks. I am paying $.04 cents per click which is a great deal but when you have a 0% CTR (on your landing page) you can't reach any CPA goal. This is not the first time I have ran a campaign of this nature, it has never been 0%.

Now that the partner traffic is turned off I am getting no traffic from the campaign. None of my keywords are in the ask.com serps. I've certainly never seen any of them show up and I don't really see how all of my keyword CTRs are below 1.47% (the list is fairly large). I personally don't think I have got any Ask.com distribution what so ever and I know I haven't had any clicks from you. 100% of the referrers were from Findology.

Last edited by roeinstein : 08-11-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-15-2006   #15
Mike McGrath

Hi Roenstein, I'd like to learn more about your account details to see if we can help address your concerns. Please email your Ask Sponsored Listings account number to me and I will investigate further. If your distribution has been modified, the issue sounds like it is CPC bid prices and relevancy related, but I will know more once I have a look into your account.

Regarding our network, we have many customers who run successful campaigns on our network. Part of their success stems from customer feedback such as this. Researching the refers listed above have been helpful as we maintain our efforts to provide a quality traffic source.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-16-2006   #16
Mel66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McGrath
Researching the refers listed above have been helpful as we maintain our efforts to provide a quality traffic source.

Thanks,

Mike
Well Mike, now that you say that.... you might want to check out

redirect.clickshield.net

Over the past month we've starting getting a lot of Ask referrals from them, and they're not converting.

Also, it seems that the "www.keyword.com" clicks on our exact match keywords are coming from MyWebSearch. Ask.com isn't sending us clicks for those type of searches. Maybe something isn't working properly with MyWebSearch's matching technology. We do get good conversion rates overall from that site, but not from the "www.keyword.com" keywords. Since all our keywords are exact match, I can't negative out "www" or ".com".

Thanks for your participation in this thread. It's nice to know someone is listening!

Melissa
Old 08-16-2006   #17
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
We've had a couple grand in budget/deposit at ask. For a couple months NOTHING virtually no clicks and no conversions.

Then for about 10 days early last month we were getting a decent flow of clicks and some great conversions. We tried to plow through the confusing interface and reports to see what was working... completely unable to figure it out.

We upped our bids a little, thinking well, if a little traffic is good, a higher bid may push us in the right direction.

All traffic ceased. It's been over a month and still have not had another conversion.

Ask is a mystery.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #18
Shmuel
PPC Manager

Shmuel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gan
After a few days of this nightmare, I emailed Ask support and asked how to be removed from affiliate sites. No reply. When I canceled my account, I got the standard "why are you leaving", "how can we help" form page. I typed my experiences into the text field and submitted it to them. I have not heard back.
It took me over 6 months before we were able to get ahold of anyone. It was rediculous. Finally, in a last act of, I hate to say, desperation, my supervisor called them. We got through to their marketing manager. Wrong department, but at least she was helpfull.

I am finding Ask completly not worth the effort though. Our CPA is about 250% higher than it is on Google. There's no easy way to manage our bid to position settings. I'm looking for a good reason to keep advertising with them, especially since they are still running Google Adwords.
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #19
hajith

hajith is on a distinguished road
Worst Experience

Similar sort of worst experience here.

We started th ASK campaign 5 days ago. We got alsmot 1200 clicks in the first 2 days. No conversion at all. Then we went to the Logs and checked. None of the clicks are from ASK. all are from

Findology and http://67.29.139.199/jump/ (which appears to be ABCSearch) and some other partenrs.

Many clicks are form same IP's. Also time spent on the pages is less 3 seconds for all the clicks. None of the clicks went beyond the Landing page.

When I called them up, they told they didnt find any click fraud, everything is normal.

ASK is purely junk. All their partenrs are just clicking to generate revenue for their sites.

This seems ridiculous to me.
hajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #20
Shmuel
PPC Manager

Shmuel is on a distinguished road
And just to rub salt in the wounds of Ask...How the hell do you delete a keyword!? I have two keywords which just are costing me way too much and driving the CPA of the entire campaign way up. There's no delete button. I changed the CPC to 0˘, it just reset it to my previous bid. Utterly rediculous.
Shmuel is offline   Reply With Quote