Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2006   #1
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
*OFFICIAL* SES San Jose 2006 Party & Events Schedule

*Updated - 08/01/2006*

Due to the size that SES is now growing to and as we've started to see occuring from the SES New York 2005 party scene there are now a rash of 'private parties' that are invite only to a particular company's set of clients, vendors and partners. Therefore, the best advice I can offer is to contact all of your vendors and hit them up to see if they are sponsoring any events this year.

Sunday Night August 6

Marriott Bar

Downstairs to right of reception at Marriott is usually the place to be.

One known private party.

Monday Night August 7

FIVE known private parties.

Tuesday Night August 8

Google's GoogleDance V

7:00 - 11:00 p.m.

Come party the night away at the Google Dance at SES San Jose.

Can you believe that it´s the fifth annual Google Dance? We host this event every year to show you, the loyal SES attendee, our appreciation. The theme for the event is "Google Labs," so bring your lab coat if you have one and stop by for goodies, great food and drinks. You´ll get into the swing of things in Club G, where you´ll be able to listen to cool sounds coming from our own Google DJ´s, as well as enjoy some live music. We think you´ll have fun in the Google Labs technology playground area, where you´ll be able to meet people who work on our products, and test drive our latest creations. If you´re lucky, you may even get to play with a robot or two.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

RSVP: www.google.com/ses2006

Wednesday Night August 9

In-House Search Marketer Mixer

6:30 to 8:00 p.m.

SEMPO will be hosting its first in-house search marketer gathering at Search Engine Strategies. The event is open to all in-house search marketers. Details:

Global Search Marketers Networking Event

8:00 - 9:30 PM

SEMPO will be hosting a global search marketer gathering at Search Engine Strategies in San Jose. This is an open invitation to all Search Marketers who are working on or planning to leverage the phenomenal reach of search in cultures and languages around the world.

Please RSVP to rsvpglobal@sempo.org if you plan on attending and please forward this invitation to your colleagues - everyone is welcome.

Trexy Pub Trail

6:15 until time for SEARCHBASH

You're invited to the Trexy Pub Trail!

The first pub is the Dive Bar then we'll make our way to Webmaster Radio's SEARCHBASH 3 party.

Click for Map & Directions

Don't forget to pop by the Trexy booth no. 829 on Tuesday or Wednesday to pick up your free drinks token.

Webmaster Radio's SEARCHBASH 3

7:30 - 10:30 p.m.

SEARCHBASH continues in their quest for the ongoing lubrication of the SES set. The following companies are again contributing to our delinquency:

Bruce Clay, Inc.
Looksmart
Moniker
Position Tech
True Local
Webmaster Radio

8 South First Street
San Jose, CA 95113

Thursday Night August 10

Nothing yet!

There is a rumour of another major party to be added to this list with details coming early next week so keep checking back for new information, I will update this list as I get more information.

Hope to see everyone there! If I have left any party event off, please PM me and I will add it to the schedule.

Joe

Last edited by Joseph Morin : 08-09-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
NICE!!!!!!!! WEBMASTER RADIO Search Bashes Rock!!!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #3
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Joe perhaps you could add the possible Golf Outing Thursday afternoon and hopefully drum up some interest? http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ad.php?t=12620
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #4
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
Yahoo! - I'm looking in your direction... That Sunnyvale volleyball/basketball court is looking ripe for a party, so how 'bout it?
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #5
critter
Underpromise; Overdeliver

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough
Its good to see SEO's have an appetite for beers....

See you all in San Jose and at the partys!

Critter
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #6
kid disco
SEO Hotshot Extraordinaire

kid disco is on a distinguished road
I just got everything booked yesterday... This will be my second SES and first in San Jose... It sounds like I'm gonna like it! Will they be serving alcohol at the sessions?
kid disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #7
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid disco
I just got everything booked yesterday... This will be my second SES and first in San Jose... It sounds like I'm gonna like it! Will they be serving alcohol at the sessions?
Practically...most people are still fairly well lubricated from the night before....

Old 07-21-2006   #8
Cameron Olthuis
Chris Boggs is my Hero!

Cameron Olthuis is on a distinguished road
Great! Looking forward to the parties and meeting everyone.
Cameron Olthuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #9
SEGuru
WebmasterRadio.FM

SEGuru is a jewel in the roughSEGuru is a jewel in the roughSEGuru is a jewel in the rough
Did someone say Search Bash? Yea baby!
SEGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #10
gage

Awesome. I am excited for all the festivities. See you all there. //g
Old 07-21-2006   #11
BrianHorn

BrianHorn is on a distinguished road
Is Ask.com hosting another party?

The one last year w/ The Dan Band was awsome. Best event of the week. I had never heard of them before, but had a great time.

No Yahoo trip to the amusement park either?
BrianHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #12
L

L is on a distinguished road
S-e-s! S-e-s! S-e-s!

I awoke after last years' Google Dance to find myself naked as a jaybird with one earring in, draped sideways across my hotel bed that I had evidently pulled not only the sheets but the mattress covers off of too. Good band.

I love SES.
L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #13
ShoeMoney
Skills To Pay The Bills

ShoeMoney is on a distinguished road
awesome hopefully I will see you guys around
ShoeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #14
MattCutts

MattCutts will become famous soon enoughMattCutts will become famous soon enough
L, at least you woke up in your hotel room, right? So that's pretty good..
MattCutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006   #15
imfeelinglucky

imfeelinglucky will become famous soon enough
SES San Jose - Party On!

San Jose is my favorite SEO Event of the year. Looking forward to partying...opps, I meant "Networking".
imfeelinglucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #16
wtongen

wtongen is on a distinguished road
all about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGuru
Did someone say Search Bash? Yea baby!
Yes - I understand that you are all about that!
wtongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #17
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
I hear Ask.com is throwing a limited invitation party....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #18
Shak
dot communist

Shak will become famous soon enough
Have lots of FUN gang, and stay out of trouble

Shak
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #19
Hawaii SEO
Aloha,

Hawaii SEO has a spectacular aura aboutHawaii SEO has a spectacular aura about
Is there a designated hotel bar that I’ll be the most likely to run into you folks?

I’ll be the guy in the Hawaiian shirt. Please say “Aloha” if you see me.

Aloha,
Dave.

Last edited by Hawaii SEO : 07-24-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Hawaii SEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006   #20
Joseph Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii SEO
Is there a designated hotel bar that I’ll be the most likely to run into you folks?

I’ll be the guy in the Hawaiian shirt. Please say “Aloha” if you see me.

Aloha,
Dave.
The bar at the Marriott is the official SES hanging out bar - followed by the bar at the Hilton, but more people usually congregate at the Marriott. Any time there is not a party, or as a break from the sessions, or for impromptu meetings, and after the parties let out...you will find a group of SES'ers there at the bar.

They also have a really good breakfast buffett there.