Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006   #1
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Google MIni Fridge?

I noticed that someone's got a mini Google refrigerator for sale on EbayIs the Google fridge new? Is this something that Google gives away or do they have them for sale (besides on this auction on Ebay)?

Anyone know? I've never seen one of these before.

Last edited by Marcia : 09-27-2007 at 04:04 AM. Reason: URL is now for a klingon fridge magnet. :)
bhartzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #2
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
I got one a month or so ago, along with a certificate congratulating us for generating 1,000,000 "leads" (meaning, clicks) from Google AdWords. It's pretty cool - you can plug it into an AC outlet or your car's lighter, and it keeps things either cold or hot.

They're not for sale (other than eBay - interesting) that I'm aware of.

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #3
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
So, basically, you would have to spend $50,000 at $.05 cents a click in order to get one. Interesting...
Old 07-19-2006   #4
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Well when you put it that way....

Glad I'm in it for the ROI and not the swag...
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #5
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartzer
So, basically, you would have to spend $50,000 at $.05 cents a click in order to get one. Interesting...
dang they owe me a few from my prior days in PPC management
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #6
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road
I think a thread like this has come up before somewhere. Yea the fridge = lots of spending. We spent $25k one year and got a clock/radio/mood light contraption. Last year we spent $88k and got a small IT tool kit with screwdriver, thumb drive etc. I have a mini fridge similar to the one they give away. It holds about 4 soda cans.
psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #7
TheWizardofSeCA
Seo Team Lead, Web Certain Europe Ltd.

TheWizardofSeCA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne
Last Holiday season (christmas 2005), Google also sent me a present. A pretty red leather case with a USB memory key, a USB light, a USB 1 to 4 converter-gadget, and a USB mouse. My daughter used the mouse and broke it. One of my contactors made off with converter (ok, i gave it to him), and I regularly use the light and memory (although its a little wide to fit into my desktop memory slot on the front).
I've got one of those sets as well - our company received several of them. Quite useful and I use the USB memory stick quite often. The mouse acts as a 'backup' for my laptop at home - in case the batteries of my primary one die. (I really hate the touchpad)
It was a thoughtful and extremely useful kit overal. Congrats on the fridge!
TheWizardofSeCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #8
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: Google MIni Fridge?

Nope not new, they sent them out to folks a year or so ago!

By the way I need a replacement cord/power converter for mine but can't seem to find one. If anyone knows how to get a new one and is willing to share the source it would be appreciated!

Last edited by Marcia : 09-27-2007 at 04:04 AM.
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #9
pappas215

pappas215 is on a distinguished road
Re: Google MIni Fridge?

all I got was a Google Lava Lamp, Polo shirt and Pens :-(
pappas215 is offline   Reply With Quote