Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006   #1
SonicAM19
Chicago SEM

SonicAM19 is on a distinguished road
Reporting

Has anyone received any data from after the morning of 7/15? My rep says noone is getting the data, and I want to make sure. It is unbeleivable that they don't have the information to give us. I'm flying blind. Adcenter411, have any idea when this will be resolved???

Last edited by SonicAM19 : 07-18-2006 at 12:44 PM.
SonicAM19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #2
RepairGuru
In-house SEM

RepairGuru will become famous soon enoughRepairGuru will become famous soon enough
No data here either

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAM19
Has anyone received any data from after the morning of 7/15? My rep says noone is getting the data, and I want to make sure. It is unbeleivable that they don't have the information to give us. I'm flying blind. Adcenter411, have any idea when this will be resolved???
We can't get data after the morning of the 15th. either. They told us the same thing... we have a dedicated rep.
RepairGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #3
adCenter411
Official Rep

adCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the rough
Hi everyone,
I have an update about reporting. There was a larger reporting delay earlier, but currently, hourly reports are 1 hour behind normal turnaround time, and daily reports are 1 day behind.

Normal turnaround times for report data are: by 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time for previous day on daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports and within 3 hours for hourly reports.

I will let you know once the normal turnaround times are back in effect, and I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

Thanks,
adCenter411
adCenter411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #4
MSI

MSI is on a distinguished road
No it is not!!

That's a joke 411 right? Hourly reports are at least 5 hours behind and the daily data is over 2 days behind. Where exactly are you getting your information? We can't get daily reports after 7/16 (this is the 19th) and hourly data is only good through 12AM PST and it is now 5AM PST.

Last edited by MSI : 07-19-2006 at 08:13 AM. Reason: time zone change
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #5
jbgilbert
Old Timer

jbgilbert has a spectacular aura aboutjbgilbert has a spectacular aura about
MSI is right...... it is 7/19 10:07 PST and NO DATA for yesterday

and I stiil don't believe conversion tracking is working.
jbgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006   #6
MSI

No JB,
I went and checked my stats after your post today. You were right, conv tracking is not working again. I called them and was told "they are working on it" as usual and there IS NOT currently a fix for the new problem (apparently they lost blocks of time on the conversion data). Asked why they had not sent out another e-maill to let us know (they've known since early today) they had no response......
Old 07-19-2006   #7
AllStarDirectories

MSN - API Issues as well

We cannot access data via the API either. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? We just launched a new campaign on Monday that has been converting but we cannot calculate margin, thus, we cannot handle bid management.
Old 07-20-2006   #8
jbgilbert
Old Timer

jbgilbert has a spectacular aura aboutjbgilbert has a spectacular aura about
adcenter411,

PLEASE try to get the real answer about conversion tracking.

Still does not appear to be working...

And the support staff is still telling me that we have to replace the old conversion tracking script with the new one.
jbgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #9
MSI

Exclamation

So the daily data was finally caught up, but what difference does that make? When I run an hourly report for yesterday I see a total of 25 conversions. When I run a daily report for yesterday it says I had 45 conversions!! Which is correct? The same occurs for all these days that were just caught up. My back end reports show 28 for yesterday, so I would like to assume that the hourly reports are more correct, but compared to my back end reports the other days are not nearly as close and the hourly reports seem to have problems too.

adCenter 411 this is TWO WEEKS of no reliable conversion information, and no hope of it being fixed soon. How am I suposed to optimize an account that I can't get correct reporting on? You are costing my client money because I can't help lower his costs efficiently. What are YOU doing to help us with this problem that you have known about for days now? What is ANYONE at MSN doing to resolve this problem? I asked for a call back by the end of the day yesterday to let me know where this issue stood, and couldn't get that. Sure the rep put a note in the file saying she had tried to call and couldn't get me, but that is BUNK. I work at home and was here ALL DAY. My phone shows NO CALL at the time she says she called and if she did why was there no message left on my voice mail if nothing else? Lies and false information is all we get from MSN constantly. How can I even feel like the charges are correct for this account if you can't eve get your daily reports to reflect the same totals as the hourly reports? What recourse do I have? Who is going to refund my client money that he shouldn't have spent because I STILL can't optimize ANY word in his account? Who can prove to me that my client is being charged correctly?
Since you only seem to reply to those threads you feel like and since you don't do that at any consistent time, I don't expect to hear from you, but eveyone else should know about these decrepencies since MSN won't let us know..........
Old 07-21-2006   #10
adCenter411
Official Rep

adCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the rough
(Re-posting from similar thread)

Firstly, I want to apologize for the issues that you have been having recently regarding conversion tracking and reporting delays. I want to give you an update regarding both of these situations:
Conversion tracking should now be working for all customers - those who changed their code, as well as those who chose to leave the old code in place.
We are still experiencing some delays in reporting. However, we are aggressively working to eliminate the lag, and now have updates as follows:
Hourly data is available through 7/21/2006 8:00 AM PDT
Daily data is available through 7/20/2006
Weekly data is available through 7/14/2006
Monthly data is available through 7/14/2006
Yearly data is available through 7/14/2006

MSI, you mention that you are seeing a discrepency between your daily report and your hourly report for the same time flight. I have escalated the senario internally and would appreciate any detailed information you could provide. If you're able, please sticky mail me so we can work towards a swift resolution.

Thanks,
adCenter411
Old 07-24-2006   #11
MSI

Exclamation Watch your invoices!!

adCenter411,
My jaw drops again. What did they do? Not only are there no new billing reports, they have changed EVERY invoice they had in my client's account. Where have the adjustments gone to? I had invoices that showed adjustments for MOST of the days this account has been open. I have been back through EVERY invoice since this was opened until today and NOT ONE adjustment is listed any longer. I can't check it against the old invoices because I no longer have access to them.
This billing update this weekend was not an upgrade, it was a regression to WORSE reporting than there was before. Now are you saying I can't have adjustments broken out by invoice, day, or anything, and I will never be able to get a report that shows total adjustments? How is this better? How can you possibly think that going back and changing EVERY invoice you have given me in the past is a smart thing? I am now having my client verify every charge that has been made to his account and am looking for inconsistencies. If there is even one, I will recomend that he boot MSN becuase these billing issues are the ones that scare me most. With NO billing department you can't even answer the questions with any athourity.
Old 07-24-2006   #12
adCenter411
Official Rep

Others experiencing Invoice difficulty?

MSI and Community,
I am reaching out to you all regarding the issue MSI noted earlier today. In order to look into the issue further, it would help greatly to have an old invoice (prior to the weekend update) and a new invoice. I know that may be difficult unless you've saved previous invoices to your desktop.
If you, too, are seeing differences in your invoices and have access to an "old" and "new" one, please sticky mail me so that I may look into it further.
Thanks,
adCenter411
Old 07-25-2006   #13
MSI

Fyi

I got a charge statement from my client that covered 5/22 to 6/24. The charges match exactly the invoice totals. This is a good thing, but doesn't explain where the adjustments have gone. I'm assuming they have just started inluding them as negative clicks in the click totals but this is NOT acceptable. I've been begging for months for them to get better reporting of these adjustments, now they have taken a step back. My last client is in an industry that is extremely competative and we find MANY fraudulent clicks on the other search engines. As an example we got a $16k refund for June in Yahoo on a spend of about $250k. That is ABOVE what their system catches automatically. I keep a close eye on traffic that I think is suspicious. I CAN'T do that with you all because I can't even figure out what order the adjustments went to now. At least before the adjustments were broken down by order in the invoice. Now I can't even figure out what they are at all. Invoices are not kept by days, but by billing levels. I can not run a report and subtract an invoice to figure adjustments because I can not run an account performance report for the period covered by any invoice. Or run a report on the invioces to show chrages broken down by specific days. Accounting issues are getting WORSE by the day. I think it is time that MSN drop everything else they are working on and address these issues ASAP. Your client base will never grow through me if you can't start addressing these billing issues in a more proffessional manor......