Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006   #1
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
SES San Jose - Golfers Sought

Last year prior to SES, the First Ever SES San Jose John Krystynak Andrew Goodman Chris Boggs invitational went off without a hitch, at the charming municipal course within a stone's throw of the Google HQ. We had a whole foursome, which means, yes, we (Chris) invited one guy and he showed up (with snacks).

If anyone is attending the conference and has an interest in playing on the final day (10th of Aug.), drop me a line. I expect we'll shoot for a late tee time so you can squeeze in the whole show.

I hate to lug clubs on the plane, so I plan to rent a set.

Bring your plaid shorts and a set of excuses. Man, my neck is starting to hurt...
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006   #2
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
I better opt-out, haven't played golf in years and will probably totally embarrass myself (as in missing the ball)

Rob
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006   #3
haplo

haplo has a spectacular aura abouthaplo has a spectacular aura about
don't know if i can make SJ this time - but if you are considering at all Pebble Beach for a possible venue for this year, that could be enough to tip the scales.

if i'm able to go, and you do play PB, then i would certainly opt-in, bring my clubs, and probably stay an extra day.

(might take an extra day to add up my score and finish swallowing the greens fee, but i can't die happy until i've ripped up a bit of their turf)
haplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006   #4
ThomasB

ThomasB is on a distinguished road
Usually I'd be 100% up for it, but this year everything is a bit hectic. Unless anybody wants to skip some morning sessions and play some holes instead.
ThomasB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #5
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by haplo
don't know if i can make SJ this time - but if you are considering at all Pebble Beach for a possible venue for this year, that could be enough to tip the scales.

if i'm able to go, and you do play PB, then i would certainly opt-in, bring my clubs, and probably stay an extra day.

(might take an extra day to add up my score and finish swallowing the greens fee, but i can't die happy until i've ripped up a bit of their turf)
Pebble Beach!?! Let's not get crazy... I'm sure anyone could "swallow the greens fee," but I don't want to make it so they have to. Many are spending lots of money getting to the show, and in the bar. We will be picking a lower-rent venue unless there are only say four people and all four agree on the crazy Pebble Plan.

Signed,

Andrew Goodman
Coordinator
Golf is for Everyone Foundation
Old 07-21-2006   #6
ThomasB

Hm, i just realized the date ... Thursday afternoon. My flight back home leaves at 9 pm from SFO, so I'd be up for it as long as I can leave at 7pm. PB is no real option then.
Old 07-21-2006   #7
Cameron Olthuis
Chris Boggs is my Hero!

Cameron Olthuis is on a distinguished road
put me down as a maybe, still not sure that I want to lug my sticks up there.
Cameron Olthuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006   #8
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
cameron I brought my clubs last time...no need they have very good rentals at most places we'll consider
we did shoreline last time
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #9
gatorgreg2004

gatorgreg2004 is on a distinguished road
Count me in

I'd love to play! How much can we expect to pay for a round plus club rental?? I really don't want to have to lug my clubs around.

Looking forward to it!
gatorgreg2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #10
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
I guess it depends on the course, but I have budgeted about $100-$120 for the round and club rental. we may get a midday rate cut...
Old 07-28-2006   #11
critter
Underpromise; Overdeliver

critter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the roughcritter is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Boggs
I guess it depends on the course, but I have budgeted about $100-$120 for the round and club rental. we may get a midday rate cut...
I would MOS DEF be interested in golfing seeing as I'm an avid golfer and always like to take advantage while in California.

Whats the status of golfing in San Jose? How do I get myself in for a round of golf with some SEO's?

:-)

Critter
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006   #12
Chris Boggs

I would think that we'll gather interested parties into an IM string next week and work it out? Andrew? (hey I was hoping to find a plaid lab coat in order to save packing space, btw...never golfed in a lab coat)
Old 07-28-2006   #13
Chris Boggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgreenmonkey
I better opt-out, haven't played golf in years and will probably totally embarrass myself (as in missing the ball)

Rob
hey rob please play if you can...I am sure I'll miss a ball or two as well, especially considering how beat I will be from 4 days of sessions/parties...
Old 07-28-2006   #14
andrewgoodman

The details are as follows.

John Krystynak is local to San Jose and has been great in helping to get us organized. We are on our second foursome and have two spots left. If still interested, contact me.

We can't start too late with the darkness and all, so there are a couple of foursomes going off after 2:00 but before 3:00. If flight times are an issue for you this could get tight and I'd recommend taking the earlier tee time (TBA) and expecting to get in only 12-14 holes. 3.5 hrs. would probably get you through 14-15 holes, it's those last three that'll make you miss your flight.

We are going to play Shoreline, one of the most charming munis in the world. Relatively inexpensive with a nice clubhouse with real food. (And beer I think.)
Old 07-28-2006   #15
Chris Boggs

nice count me for the first four as I fly out at 10:00pm from SFO...that reminds me is the BART close to shoreline?
Old 07-28-2006   #16
ThomasB

Count me in as well for the early one as my flight leaves at 9:55 pm from SFO. Chris, how about sharing a ride?
Old 08-03-2006   #17
andrewgoodman

Tee times

We are confirmed for 2:15 and 2:24 at Shoreline on Aug. 10th. I'm happy to play in the later group.

Those of you who have confirmed only here in this thread, or by PM... could you please double confirm again by emailing John Krystynak - his email address is his last name @ Gmail dot com?
Old 08-03-2006   #18
andrewgoodman

Ride

I'm renting a car also, so anyone coming from the conference hotels is welcome to a ride.
Old 08-03-2006   #19
ThomasB

Awesome, email sent. Chris and me were also thinking about renting a car and head straight from there to the airport. As I'll prolly bring my own clubs I don't think that more than 2 people would fit into it together with suitcases and stuff.