Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Other Yahoo! Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006   #1
clasione
Searchen Networks

clasione is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Yahoo Filtering Internal Pages

I am coming here as a last resort in trying to figure out what I should do about Yahoo filtering out internal pages of a very large site that I run....

I have wrote into Yahoo several times and have gone back and forth with them for about a year or more about this issue and I constantly get the run-around.

Basically, the issue is that I have a very large site that is being filtered out of Yahoo. The site is listed in the Yahoo directory and has been listed there for years. My home page ranks very well in Yahoo but my internal pages do not appear in the Yahoo search engine at all and I get very very little traffic from Yahoo, although my home page ranks very well....

There is not doubt in my mind that Yahoo for some reason has chosen to filter out all of my internal pages. I have about 100,000+ internal pages and none of them rank at all in the Yahoo search engine.

I have spent extreme amounts of time studying how my internal pages do not appear and I have given up several times. Most of my frustration has come from identifying terms on my pages that appear no where else in the world (employee full names on pages)

These terms rank very well on all other search engines, but not Yahoo!

For instance, and employee name search on MSN and Google will bring up my pages number one, but on Yahoo the page will be in the number 12 position. Even though the terms do not appear anywhere else on the web, Yahoo tries desperately NOT to return my page.

I am coming here to report this issue because I know that Yahoo people read these threads. I do not know what else it is that I am expected to do in this situation. This has been going on for a very long time and this is on a very large site so I really would appreciate a contact from someone that can help me out with this.

I have spent many years learning and examining the algorithms that these major search engines use. I feel extremely confident that Yahoo has filtered out my site in a way that leaves little trace of what they have done. I also suspect that my home page only appears to deter me from claiming that my site is not indexed.

I am very frustrated that this is happening and I have tried to look past it many times, but I do not believe that I should ignore this forever. Something should be done to fix my problems.

If I did something wrong that would be one thing. Or if this was something that patience would rectify I could deal with it, but this seems like it is going to be the way it is forever, and I just can't have that.

I am loosing half of the traffic that my site receives. Over the past year we are talking alot of revenue here.....
clasione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #2
clasione
Searchen Networks

Well, I see we have had plenty of viewers to this thread but no contributors.

I believe the reasoning is that I am feeding Google revenue, and Yahoo is reluctent to feed me traffic to fuel that fire. This concept makes too much sence to ignore.
Old 09-08-2006   #3
clasione
Searchen Networks

Hmmm, I am beginning to see the possibility that this could be related to Yahoo's Search Submit Express program.....

Only my home page has been in the "Search Submit Express" program and only my homepage ranks on the engine....

I have cancelled my Search Submit Account Today.....

I then decided to call in to Yahoo since they emailed me for a renewal fee for the service and you will never guess what the Yahoo employee suggested I do to correct the problem....? You'll never guess.....

They said "Maybe I should submit all of my internal pages into the search submit program"

How convienent for the Yahoo Pocket.....

http://clasione.blogspot.com/2006/09/yahoo-search-submit-express.html

Last edited by Chris_D : 10-28-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2006   #4
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I feel extremely confident that Yahoo has filtered out my site in a way that leaves little trace of what they have done. I also suspect that my home page only appears to deter me from claiming that my site is not indexed.
A site with nothing listed in the index but the homepage isn't filtering, it's a ban. The index page stays in, I suppose for the benefit of users, because it exists and can be found by people looking for the domain - but that's it.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #5
clasione
Searchen Networks

Pages Indexed in Yahoo (10,813)
https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com

There ARE in th index.... They are filtered.