Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2006   #1
integramed
Search Engine Marketing for a U.S. Network of Fertility Clinics

integramed has a spectacular aura aboutintegramed has a spectacular aura about
Got feedback on Video Ads?

Has anyone used the new video ads? Got any comments or feedback?
integramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
We are planning on trying it out over the next couple of weeks and will bring comments.... anyone using it post comments and share....
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #3
huebdoo

huebdoo is on a distinguished road
Well from my experience we have seen significant click throughs on our video eye blasters.

Development can be costly and CPM rates can be high ... but to be honest I would rather have just floating eyeblasters and video clips ads that cost $50CPM and recieve 2-9% CTR over 728x90 or 120x600's that recieve .03% CTR and cost $20CPM

The trick is getting the video shot - turned into flash and then having a skilled design group turn it into something that people want to interact with.

I am lucky that I work at an agency that has a full service A/V studio so we can do it all in-house.

I would say though that floating eyeblasters first ... then video ads (only because they are still really high in CPM)
huebdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #4
integramed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huebdoo
Well from my experience we have seen significant click throughs on our video eye blasters...
Are you referring to the new AdWords Video Ads? I was hoping to get feedback specifically on these ads.

Last edited by integramed : 07-06-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-06-2006   #5
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
$50 CPM seems a little high.... though as you said it is all about the conversion numbers.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #6
huebdoo

huebdoo is on a distinguished road
I was talking about my work doing video ads on Eyeblaster - ad server, Not the Google Video Ads.

My first take on the Google Video Ads is that you will need to get significant sites that bring real focused demographics to me before I invest time and money creating a video ad to be distributed to the Ad-Sense network.

I honestly cant see googles video ads taking off until the refine the demographic segmentation like @Plan or Media Metrix can provide me.

Until that time I will go with EyeBlaster or PointRoll or DoubleClick

They provide those stats for me and I can then refine and quantify my target audience better.
huebdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #7
toolz

toolz is on a distinguished road
Creative Dependancy

It seems to depend heavily on the creative.
Some of the ones with the best results use a form in the ad to get the users details right then and there....
toolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #8
integramed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huebdoo
My first take on the Google Video Ads is that you will need to get significant sites that bring real focused demographics to me before I invest time and money creating a video ad to be distributed to the Ad-Sense network.
That's an interesting point. Is ad production complexity and cost slowing initial use of AdWords Video Ads? Is producing a 10 second video ad far more complex (and expensive) than writing an AdWords Text Ad?

Thoughts? I would love to hear real-world feedback from anyone who is actually running AdWords Video Ads.
Old 07-14-2006   #9
simeonquarrie

simeonquarrie is on a distinguished road
Adwords Video Production

I would say yes it is more expensive. It's easy to put together a high quality text ad, especially as Google often check the ad automatically for spelling and grammatical errors.

Hopefully the video ads return on investment will be higher than text ads. But I have heard no results yet.

Simeon

Last edited by AussieWebmaster : 07-17-2006 at 12:22 AM. Reason: no link drops
simeonquarrie is offline   Reply With Quote