Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2006   #1
nzdn

nzdn is on a distinguished road
Google News New Zealand has been broken all day

http://news.google.co.nz/?topic=n
http://news.google.com/news?ned=nz&topic=n

Empty local news section.

I guess by the lack of action I must be the only person on the planet who noticed...
nzdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #2
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Maybe just a slow news week?

I gather that it worked before, and it's not simply Google being unable to properly seperate world news from local news in your country?

Rob
evilgreenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #3
nzdn

nzdn is on a distinguished road
Still broken

4th of July long weekend or somesuch?

There's plenty of recent local news if I search for it, the section just seems to have broken.
nzdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006   #4
evilgreenmonkey

evilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud ofevilgreenmonkey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdn
There's plenty of recent local news if I search for it, the section just seems to have broken.
Oh well, report the bug to Google and you might get a free t-shirt or even a mousemat if you're lucky

Note to self: Put pallet of 1000 Google mousemats on eBay.

Rob
Old 07-03-2006   #5
GoogleGuy
Unofficial Representative

GoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of light
Weird

That's strange. Has it been very quiet in NZ?

I'll ask someone about this.
GoogleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006   #6
evilgreenmonkey

One of my housemates has just emmigrated to NZ, I can confirm that nothing has happened - apart from some very dodgy "funny video" emails.
Old 07-05-2006   #7
GoogleGuy
Unofficial Representative

GoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of lightGoogleGuy is a glorious beacon of light
I believe everything should be fixed now, and has been fixed for a little while now.
GoogleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote