Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2006   #1
losloslos

losloslos is a jewel in the roughlosloslos is a jewel in the roughlosloslos is a jewel in the roughlosloslos is a jewel in the rough
Change to Adwords Interface

Just logged into my adwords account and noticed google is swithing up their interface a bit. So now you have three different tabs on how to view your adgroups - Summary, Keywords, and Ad Variations. You can still combine the three tabs and get a view similiar to the old view if you choose the option to view all tabs at once.
losloslos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #2
shawMart

Looks different!

Last edited by shawMart : 06-29-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2006   #3
Nivik23

Nivik23 will become famous soon enough
Love it! You can now see your cost per conversion and conversion rates for your different Ad's right in AdWords!

Yay!

NiV23
Nivik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
all they have to do now is make the ads and keywords available in this type of view and I would be impressed.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Screen capture at http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/004038.html

Google explaining it https://adwords.google.com/support/b...35198&hl=en_US
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #6
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Aussie you're a tough customer!

I know it was said earlier, but the simple addition of showing conversions per ad version is FANTASTIC!!!! Tracking ad conversions had been a pain in the royal hind quarter to set up and manage. Now it is simple and we can quickly and easily get to the ads that work - Awesome.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #7
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustybrick
Barry you always have the best links.....
Old 06-29-2006   #8
losloslos

losloslos is a jewel in the roughlosloslos is a jewel in the roughlosloslos is a jewel in the roughlosloslos is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivik23
Love it! You can now see your cost per conversion and conversion rates for your different Ad's right in AdWords!

Yay!

NiV23
I don't think you can see the Cost per Conversion or Conversion Rates for individual ads yet. You would still have to be able to identify on your end which ad generated the sale. Here's one way how to start tracking individual ads.

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ad.php?t=12134
losloslos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #9
Nivik23

Nivik23 will become famous soon enough
Your individual Ad's will show in an Ad Group with each seperate Ad listed on a row. Other statistics in each row include:

Status
% Served
Clicks
Impressions
CTR
Cost
Conversion Rate
Cost/Conversion

All this can be found under the "Ad Variations" tab of the Ad Group. I do have auto-tagging enabled in my Google Analytics package that's linked with my Ad Words campaign, so perhaps that is something that needs to be done first. I don't know. All I know is I can see those statistics in my AdWords campaign now and think its the next best thing to sliced bread.

NiV23
Nivik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #10
gan

gan is on a distinguished road
Where's the date range

I like the tabs too. But, why did they take away the drop down for the date range. If you want to change from "yesterday" to "last 7 days" you have to go up a level first. Why?

Gan
gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006   #11
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of
Quote:
I like the tabs too. But, why did they take away the drop down for the date range. If you want to change from "yesterday" to "last 7 days" you have to go up a level first. Why?
Sorry if this was a little confusing, gan. You can actually get the date range tool to appear in any and all of the tabs. Just click on 'Change Range' link near the top left of the stats chart (within the tabs), and the familiar date range tool will appear. (It starts as 'collapsed').

This will then become the default setting until you change it back.

AWR

(PS: I also wanted to mention that I will away from the AdWords office until Wednesday July 5th, in honor of Independence Day here in the U.S.)

Last edited by AdWordsRep : 06-30-2006 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Added PS
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #12
psurplus

psurplus is on a distinguished road
the ads variation tab needs to display avg cpc. because often with different ads, the avg cpc rates are different.
psurplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #13
crucialppc

crucialppc is on a distinguished road
i wish they would give us a bit of a heads up on when the changes are going to happen.
crucialppc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006   #14
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucialppc
i wish they would give us a bit of a heads up on when the changes are going to happen.
Many times there are alerts at the AdWords Rep's notices thread - or read Danny's blog - he generally has an idea of things about to happen.