Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006   #1
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
World Cup, Search & Stuff

The World Cup begins today. I've recapped some of the search resources that are starting to show up on the blog: World Cup: Google Does The Logo Thing; Yahoo & Ask Have Smart Shortcuts.

Did I miss something? Just want to talk about the World Cup? Dive in!

Last edited by dannysullivan : 06-09-2006 at 09:26 AM.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching Germany today and have a long lunch scheduled for Monday as the US BEGINS THEIR DRIVE. (usually I also cheer for the birth motherland Belgium but unfortunately I think we must have been sabotaged by the Dutch or French at some point in qualifying)

Looks like I may be working some early mornings and late nights over the next few weeks to watch the games. hey at least it's not at 2:30 in the monring, eh??
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #3
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
hey probably isn't too late if anyone wants to pick a team... http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/e/ it's free w/yahoo ID.
Old 06-09-2006   #4
Peri

Unhappy Help

Please, Can somebody help.SOOOON I am a TICA the would love to watch the opennig game, between Costa Rica and Germany, but can't find a way to do it. Internet is my only option.
I live in USA.
Old 06-09-2006   #5
Chris Boggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peri
Please, Can somebody help.SOOOON I am a TICA the would love to watch the opennig game, between Costa Rica and Germany, but can't find a way to do it. Internet is my only option.
I live in USA.
I found this article: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13085628/
Old 06-09-2006   #6
Peri

Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Muchísimas gracias Chris!
Peri
Old 06-09-2006   #7
Chris Boggs

wow what an exciting game...wanchope is the real thing!
Old 06-10-2006   #8
eJojo

eJojo is on a distinguished road
Yeah, good start for Germany. We have to work a little bit on the defense, but I am optimistic. In every game we have only to shoot one more goal than our enemy. Or get into a penalty shootout with England ...
eJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #9
Chris Boggs

dang what a drubbing. Not much effort on the part of the US today...guess I will turn my attention to Mexico sooner than later unless I see some spirit developing. I mean jeez I know they haven't played together much, but lackluster is certainly probably an overstatement...
Old 06-13-2006   #10
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Yes, very sad news for the US -- but great game by the Czechs.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #11
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Hey Chris & Danny - you guys can become honorary Australians if you like!

In the past 72 hours.....

Australia defeats England in the Rugby Union Test 34 - 3

Australia defeats Japan in the Soccer World Cup Group F match 3 - 1

Woohoooo!

Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #12
Chris Boggs

Thanks for the invite, Chris. I actually lived in Canberra for 4 years in my youth and certainly would be honored to be an Aussie. However, the US still has a chance, so I will not claim new allegiances quite yet.

I do like the Aussies though since they have somewhat of a "US problem" in terms of International Soccer respect. I have good feelings about Mexico this year...
Old 06-15-2006   #13
Wilksy
Ben Wilks

Wilksy is just really niceWilksy is just really niceWilksy is just really niceWilksy is just really niceWilksy is just really nice
GO SOCCEROOS

Totally Killing it, and about time too!
Wilksy is offline   Reply With Quote