Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2006   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
New Features at Adcenter Today

A new Reports page user interface

Create a New Report tab
Recent Reports tab
Report Templates tab
Customize date ranges
Schedule and save reports
Download reports

Additional reporting upgrades

Schedule and run multiple reports in the background while you are working in adCenter
Run more than 10,000 rows of report data (downloadable in .ZIP format)
Run reports in multiple formats .TSV (Tab Separated Value) and .HTML formats
View the previous 20 reports in the Recent Reports tab

We’ll also be launching our new Video Help that will provide a variety of step-by-step videos explaining adCenter tasks and information.

There are a few other goodies in there so be sure to check in after 10PM PST (or whenever the last “golden popcorn” is handed out) to explore the new features.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
You left out all the 'Happy Talk' -

Guess what’s happening today, between 4PM and 10PM PST?

For one thing: The MTV Movie Awards are finally here!

If this doesn’t excite you, how about: Brand new Microsoft adCenter features are being released.

and

P.S. During this time you will not be able to access adCenter – but don’t worry, your current keywords and ads will continue to run.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #3
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Gangsta awards

I may be showing my true colors here but nothing disgusts me more than MTV and hollywood.

Gangsta's rapp'en and cowboys kissing during a self glorified ego orgy.
Old 06-08-2006   #4
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Unfortunately there are people out there that want their MTV!
Old 06-09-2006   #5
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

I just don't get the point of the reporting change that was made. Now I can't even download my reports in excel or .csv. Am I missing something or is this really the case? Downloadable reports in notepad?! Is this a joke? Plus it now takes 3 times the effort and time to customize my reports.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #6
adCenter411
Official Rep

adCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the rough
hi PPC-
our development team is working to fix the download into xls issue. also - some people are having difficulties logging in - we're working on that too.

i will keep you posted.

thanks,
adCenter411
adCenter411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #7
adCenter411
Official Rep

adCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the rough
hi PPC,
i got some clarification from the development team on the TSV / XLS issue. You can still open the report in a spreadsheet format if you follow these instructions:

In the report, click the Download TSV option. Save the file to your Desktop or some other location on your computer. Go to the file, right-click on it, point to Open With, and then select Choose Program. In the dialog, click Select the program from a list, and then click OK. Select Microsoft Office Excel (or other spreadsheet program). To always open TSV files with that program, be sure to select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file option. The next time you download a TSV file, you can double-click it to open.

re: your comment that customizing reports is more time-consuming, if you post a couple examples of what takes longer, i can take your examples back to the product team to make sure they're aware of it.

hope this helps.
thanks,
adCenter411
Old 06-14-2006   #8
PPC

PPC will become famous soon enough
Hi Adcenter,

I think your explanation of how to open the file in spreadsheet format demonstrates why it is more time consuming and less efficient than previously. Each day, I run a campaign performance report customized with some conversion data. I take this data and paste it into an excel template that I have created. It just seems like since the reporting change, I now have to open up more windows, name reports, go through extra screens, click about twice the clicks and perform that function you mentioned of saving to desktop, etc.

Also, I tried to create a template to run these reports every day, but it didn't work correctly and even though I deleted all templates in my adcenter account, there are reports that just automatically download every day to my desktop. I don't know how to stop them.
PPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #9
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC
Hi Adcenter,

I think your explanation of how to open the file in spreadsheet format demonstrates why it is more time consuming and less efficient than previously. Each day, I run a campaign performance report customized with some conversion data. I take this data and paste it into an excel template that I have created. It just seems like since the reporting change, I now have to open up more windows, name reports, go through extra screens, click about twice the clicks and perform that function you mentioned of saving to desktop, etc.

Also, I tried to create a template to run these reports every day, but it didn't work correctly and even though I deleted all templates in my adcenter account, there are reports that just automatically download every day to my desktop. I don't know how to stop them.
Got to love those self downloading excel spreadsheets.....
Old 06-14-2006   #10
bumpaw

Quote:
I may be showing my true colors here but nothing disgusts me more than MTV and hollywood.

Gangsta's rapp'en and cowboys kissing during a self glorified ego orgy.
This tipped me over the edge. I had to register to post AMEN!

On a more serious note I have a question on the new relevancy requirements that kicked in around the 4th or 5th. At least that is what I was told by support at adCenter when questioning the big drop in my impressions at that time. I called yesterday and the very nice lady couldn't give me any links to documentation of the changes, and offered the same advice an AdWords user would get. Any links to some docs?
Old 06-15-2006   #11
adCenter411
Official Rep

hi everyone,
i checked with the development team on this. in a future release (not sure when yet, but i will let you know) you'll have the option of exporting a CSV file that will open into XLS.

PPC - re: the reports that keep downloading - this seems like a bug. can you please confirm for me that you deleted all templates, and let me know so i can talk to the development team about it. is this happening for anyone else? one thing to try (if you haven't deleted all your templates) is to edit the report template and uncheck the schedule option.

bumpaw - here's some relevancy info. we implemented ad performance thresholds that are based on bid amount, CTR, and some other factors. ad performance is based on other ads competing for the same keyword, so as more advertisers bid for keywords, if their bids are higher and their ads more relevant, other ads may display less often. if ad performance does not improve and they are not meeting the minimum threshold, these ads will not be displayed at all.

hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

thanks!
adCenter411
Old 06-15-2006   #12
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Thanks for the Update Adcenter

Reporting is an issue.
All sorts of issues with reports under the reports tab and data found under any tab that has no association to a date or date range.

In my view summary data under the reports tab is far less of a priority than having data being associated with a date or date range for every page on the website. We are completely flying blind at this point.

We have found that if you select an account from the main page, then select the report tab.

#1 the drop down menu to select different accounts dissapears and you have to click back and start again to try and get reports for another account.

#2 The report that is generated under the reports tab stays on one account, no matter which account you switch to.

#3 The report page does not list which account you are working with at the time.

CTR is another issue which I will post in another thread.

Discovery
Old 06-15-2006   #13
AussieWebmaster

I thought the TVS format now available opens into Excell just fine..... just save it into xls after that....