Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2006   #1
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Search Engine Strategies Latino Edition in Miami, FL: July 10-11, 2006

Just a few more days to go for our inaugural SES Latino 2006 happening in Miami, Florida!

As some of you may know, SES Latino '06 is a new event for Incisive Media. We have put together an agenda tailored for United States Hispanics, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and over 25 active countries on the Internet you may target with Search.

There will be many "success story" case studies and best practices presented by fresh speakers that are industry leaders in the U.S. and in Latin America for Search and SEM/SEO.

All sessions will be in English with live translation to Spanish and Portuguese.

I still have a few spots left if you want to speak at SES Latino. Just carefully read the “How To Speak” post and send me an email.

I look forward to see you all there!

Last edited by Nacho : 06-09-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
This should be a great event.... many smart people have been riding the Spanish search wave in front of their competitors but I am starting to see a shift to this largely untapped market.

Remember the days of low CPC? Get some strategic pages translated into Spanish and your ROI will start looking healthy.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #3
webmama
webmama

webmama has a spectacular aura aboutwebmama has a spectacular aura about
Even Gringos can attend

I am going and speaking. I tried and tried to learn to speak Spanish but to no avail - YET! But that hasn't stopped me from booking flights to go to the show and/or from encouraging my clients to advertise to hispanics and latinos. Hope to see many other English speakers there if only to keep me company while the Latin Americans present go nuts over the World Cup Final!
webmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006   #4
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
Google Party!

Google has landed a party for SES Latino! Here is more details:

http://www.jupiterevents.com/sew/lat...ialevents.html
Quote:
Miami Nice
Please join us as we kick off SES Latino '06 with a Google vibe. Enjoy great food, chilled Googlitos (a.k.a. mojitos), a pounding salsa rhythm, and the festive atmosphere and vibrant energy we've all come to associate with Miami.

When:
Monday, July 10, 2006
7:00pm - 10:00pm

Where:
Bongo's Cuban Café
601 Biscayne Boulevard
(Downtown Miami, adjacent to the American Airlines Arena)
***Make sure you RSVP***
Old 06-29-2006   #5
grnidone
Righteous Babe.

grnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nicegrnidone is just really nice
About time! This is wonderful!
grnidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #6
AussieWebmaster

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Who is attending this event?
Old 06-29-2006   #7
sadsax32

Talking ses latino

i am going and i found a link for the intercontinental at $165 per nite
Old 06-29-2006   #8
AussieWebmaster

I think this one will have a lot more of an intimate feel - if you are at the hotel Sunday night I am sure there will be a bunch of us relaxing by the bar.... come say hello.
Old 06-29-2006   #9
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there (and speaking) - I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ian
Old 06-30-2006   #10
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanerin
I'll be there (and speaking) - I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ian
Lobby bar Sunday night??????
Old 07-01-2006   #11
sarateresa

sarateresa is on a distinguished road
SES Latino World Cup Final?

Anyone interested in gathering for the world cup final at 2pm on Sunday before the show?
sarateresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006   #12
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
ROFL - ok, that sounded dumb in context (I meant SES in general - smarty-pants :P )

I'll see if I can make Sun night at the bar though

Ian
Old 07-02-2006   #13
Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWebmaster
You bet!

I believe the hotel is setting up the bar for the world cup finals... so that should be a fun place for all to start networking in a casual-fun atmosphere.

I'm counting the days... and look forward to see all of you.

Old 07-02-2006   #14
Nacho

Coupons???

Also... I forgot to mention. Anyone who wants a break on the reg fee, just PM me. I've got a coupon for you.
Old 07-05-2006   #15
sarateresa

sarateresa is on a distinguished road
World Cup Final Match

The Miami Intercontinental has confirmed that the Indigo Bar at the hotel will have 3 flat screens with the World Cup final playing on Sunday. Here are the the details:

World Cup Final Match
Sunday, July 9th
2pm, EST
Indigo Bar at the Miami Intercontinental

Feel free to forward to anyone else who might be attending SES Latino. See you then!
sarateresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #16
MsCleo

MsCleo is on a distinguished road
I am Mia based and I totally missed this event!
Are they any plans for a future one?
MsCleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #17
AussieWebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCleo
I am Mia based and I totally missed this event!
Are they any plans for a future one?
I think it will be annual... but there is NYC in April or San Jose Ca Aug. 7-10