Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2006   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Updating Match Types Now Easier.

In the past updating, adding or changing your match type options and match type bids was difficult. Now you can do it fairly easily:

Select your campaign
Click "manage keywords" button
Wait a moment of your current keywords to fully load into the right window.
Check the check box of the keywords you want to work with
Now at the top of the keyword window select "Match Option" and select "show match types"
The Keyword window will now display a column for each match type option along with a check box to toggle on or off the match option for each keyword.

I don't believe this option was here before, if it was it was too hard to find, now you know where to change these settings.

One drawback is that there is no select all check box to the match types, so if you have a large keyword list it will be time consuming to change all the match options.

Cheers,

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #2
GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago will become famous soon enoughGuyFromChicago will become famous soon enough
Unless I'm missing the point...It's been like this for at least a month....maybe longer.

The lack of a "check all" option is a real pita.
GuyFromChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #3
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of
Guy is right - it's been like this since the latest relaunch. And I agree, the lack of a "check all" box is a PITA indeed. I have actually not included some low-volume keywords b/c I just can't face checking all those little boxes!

Melissa
Mel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #4
GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago will become famous soon enoughGuyFromChicago will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel66
Guy is right - it's been like this since the latest relaunch. And I agree, the lack of a "check all" box is a PITA indeed. I have actually not included some low-volume keywords b/c I just can't face checking all those little boxes!

Melissa
You and me both. I think when I've been working on AdCenter accounts while in the office people thinking I'm playing a game...how else can you exaplin 300 mouse clicks per minute
GuyFromChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #5
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
Funny

Guess I was slow to the punch on this one. Glad they fixed it in the last rev. Now I hope they fix the dates associated with the reports.... ooops better check the site before I say that..

Cheers,

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #6
adCenter411
Official Rep

adCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the roughadCenter411 is a jewel in the rough
hi everyone,
agreed - so many clicks to update matching is not ideal. we're working to add a "check-all" box; this is one of our priorities and i'll let you know when it's coming out (no eta yet).

thanks!
adCenter411
adCenter411 is offline   Reply With Quote