Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Other Google Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2006   #1
Messageman5

Google Cuts Deal To Be On Dell Computers

Google and Dell are expected to announce on Thursday that they have come to an agreement under which Dell will install Google software on millions of its PCs before they’re shipped to consumers, The Wall Street Journal reports.

The Journal cites the source of the information as “people in the industry familiar with the matter.”

The planned deal will be for approximately three years, and Google will pay Dell a fee to have its desktop and e-mail search software pre-installed on Dell PCs, along with a Google Web search bar, according to the Journal.

Financial details are not expected to be made publicly available immediately.

Dell will also make the PCs’ default homepage a co-branded webpage, and the machines’ default search engine will be set to Google, the Journal reports.

Was Just Looking Around and I Found http://www.google.com/ig/dell The Dell Start Up Google Home Page...

(More Info)
The page is alot easier on the eyes then Google.com/ig in my opinion. Not quite as customizable though. Does not Have as many news sources and any non google made stuff... Its like google.com/ig was when it was first launched...

Last edited by Messageman5 : 05-25-2006 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added More Stuff
Old 05-26-2006   #2
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
WSJ article is here for those with subscriptions to them.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #3
PhilC

PhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud ofPhilC has much to be proud of
It sounds like a very good reason not to recommend Dell computers.
PhilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #4
Carlos Chacón

Carlos Chacón is on a distinguished road
Definably, G imperious keeps growing up… Could someone stop it?
Carlos Chacón is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #5
vayapues
10 kinds of people in the world. Those who know binary numbers, and those who don't

vayapues is just really nicevayapues is just really nicevayapues is just really nicevayapues is just really nice
Business is business.

Wish I had enough money to pay Dell to put a giant picture of my company's logo on the desktop of all their users, with a link to my website.

Maybe in next month's budget.
vayapues is offline   Reply With Quote