Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2006   #1
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of
MSN Pilot in UK

MSN will be launching a Pilot in the UK in June 2006

MSN is also 100% live in the US, Singapore, and France

MSN has also acquired Deep Metrix which will act like Googles Urchin - Google analytics.

Discovery
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #2
g7submit
SEM Pro

g7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the roughg7submit is a jewel in the rough
Deep Metrix Acquisition A huge Step

Of course, UK welcomes the new MSN Adcenter, we want the best value for our money, but remember we are also conservative. Google has offered UK PPC users a good standard and I wonder if MSN is equal or better in value.

I believe the acquisition of Deep Metrix by MSN is a big step in the right direction, the beauty of their convesrion tracking is that it's FREE; which in my opinion is much more advanced than Urchin.

But, as much as I admire their efforts, I am still a bit skeptical, knowing MSFT for slapping huge monies on their softs and alienating the masses from their products, I wonder how long this is going to be as good as it gets for MSN's UK PPC users.

Should they be as reasonable as Google in their offerings, with time, then they will gain some Adword faithfuls. Although I am still wondering if their simple-to-use Adcenter GUI offers the same versatility as Google's, especially in terms of features.

I just started using MSN (US), anyone with some opinion in comparing the Adcenter with Adwords?
g7submit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3
lukewd

come on! i dont know why everyone speculates whether one ppc engine is going to compete with another or not. lets face it anyone who is serious about selling their product and has the faintest bit of knowledge about ppc advertising is going to advertise with any engine that gets a considerable amount of traffic to make it worthwhile. so at present that means most people are going to use google, yahoo AND msn, regardless of what thier interface is like. its all just down to traffic, but yes a nice interface does make things easier.

and in saying that, if anyone knows at an early stage how to take advantage of the UK pilot, please keep us posted. i'm assuming its going to be kept private as they have labelled it a pilot and not a launch.

Last edited by lukewd : 05-08-2006 at 08:35 PM.