Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search > AdCenter
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2006   #1
jbgilbert
Old Timer

jbgilbert has a spectacular aura aboutjbgilbert has a spectacular aura about
MSN Not Showing Yahoo Ads?

Since May 1st, it appears that the MSN AdCenter is not filling in with Yahoo ads!

Please tell me this is just a temporary glitch...

Please tell me that MSN would not this switch while the product is still in beta!
jbgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #2
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Actually, it is dependent on what cookie happens to be on your computer as to whether you see MSN or YSM ads, so your cookie must have been reset then, and hence you are only seeing MSN ads. I believe that recently it was changed so that you could also get your cookie reset to showing only MSN ads if you did some searching via the adcenter.search.msn.com interface (which only shows adCenter ads).

Right now they are running at 70 MSN / 30 YSM.
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Nothing related to what you posted last night Jen?

MSN adCenter Officially Launches & Changes Name to Microsoft adCenter
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #4
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
LOL, of course they changed it a few hours after I posted my response It is now (or will be in a few hours) 100% MSN.
Old 05-04-2006   #5
jbgilbert
Old Timer

jbgilbert has a spectacular aura aboutjbgilbert has a spectacular aura about
Jenstar,

From a business standpoint, don't you think this is a bit odd (dumb)?

Literally thousands of advertisers CAN'T get PPC advertisment on MSN... Ads not delivered by Yahoo and they can't sign up for AdCenter (still beta)!

Very, very strange way Microsoft has for doing PR (public relations) with a launch of a product.......
jbgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #6
Jenstar

Actually, it is now out of beta so anyone can sign up.

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060504-020318
Old 05-04-2006   #7
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
I was just informed they are now serving 100% of the PPC traffic.... guess Yahoo is now without them as a publishing partner.
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote