Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006   #1
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Happy "10th Anniversary" Danny!

Was checking the SEW Blog today and came across Danny's post describing his ten years of writing about Search Engines. I thought I'd start a thread here so people can "voice" their appreciation!

Way to go Danny, and thanks for the nice timeline of top SE-related stories since you got going, not to mention everything else. Here's hoping the next ten years are as exciting for you as the first.
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #2
Daria_Goetsch
SEOExplore.com - SEO Research Directory

Daria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura aboutDaria_Goetsch has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Danny for forging the way that everyone else follows when it comes to search engine marketing. Here's to many more years of great information from Search Engine Watch.
Daria_Goetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #3
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on 10 awesome years. What would we do without you?
David Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #4
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Wow, that post really puts everything in perspective. Looking back at it - how does it make you feel?

We all owe you a huge gratitude for where you have helped steer this industry.

Thank you Danny.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #5
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Outstanding!

I'd say more, but I'm busy going through the nice, succinct history of search you've so kindly provided.

Ian
Old 04-17-2006   #6
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
10 years in search - now that's a milestone.

So much in there that I'd forgotten - like George Bush being googlebombed back in 2001 for a much more derogatory term than 'miserable failure' http://searchenginewatch.com/serepor...le.php/2163381

Excellent work Danny!
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #7
ewc21
Hong Kong SEO

ewc21 is on a distinguished road
Thank you Danny for your contributions to search engine world.

Congratulations on your 10 productive years!
ewc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #8
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
And one day we will ready about the "Father of Search Markeitng" in our children's marketing history books... and we will feel very old, really old

Thank you Danny! Don't let that motivation to write ever run out.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #9
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
Thanks, everyone! Makes me feel old, Barry, makes me feel old
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #10
unreviewed

unreviewed has disabled reputation
Danny not only have you played Pak Man, you've played Pong!
unreviewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #11
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysullivan
Thanks, everyone! Makes me feel old, Barry, makes me feel old
You know we kid you about that. You are old in Internet years but that is all.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #12
stacywms

stacywms will become famous soon enoughstacywms will become famous soon enough
Thank You

Danny, there is not a doubt in my mind that I would not be where I am today (running a growing search marketing firm for over 5 years) if it weren't for your inspiration and the knowledge that you so freely dispense through your writing, Search Engine Watch, and Search Engine Strategies. You have allowed countless people to live out their dreams in this crazy, fun industry. Many, many thanks.

Stacy Williams
Prominent Placement, Inc.
stacywms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #13
vayapues
10 kinds of people in the world. Those who know binary numbers, and those who don't

vayapues is just really nicevayapues is just really nicevayapues is just really nicevayapues is just really nice
Has it been that long since Al Gore invented the Internet?

Appreciate you Danny. There are a lot with knowledge who don't take the time to share it.
vayapues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #14
Robert_Charlton

Robert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud ofRobert_Charlton has much to be proud of
Danny - Those headlines bring back a lot of memories. That's a great article, and it's been a great 10 years.

You were one of the first teachers in this area, and we all owe you a lot. Congratulations, and many thanks.
Robert_Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #15
EricWard-LinkMensch
EricWard.com

EricWard-LinkMensch has a spectacular aura aboutEricWard-LinkMensch has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Danny - best money I ever spent

Hi Danny - I'm honored that I was the first person to become a paid subscriber. I think I had to send a check because PayPal wasn't invented yet Back then the mere mention of "paid content" could get you flamed, but you were so ahead of your time it didn't matter. You also are one hell of a good writer. I depended on The Webmaster's Guide to Search Engines and its decendants to help me understand the engines and do a better job. Still do. In those days and now when a client would ask me a question about search engines, I knew where to find the answer. Your site. You saved me countless hours of research, and even better, you made me look good. You have earned every success!

Eric Ward
EricWard-LinkMensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #16
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Danny,

Thanks for everything over the years. SEW and the search community have definately been a integral part of my life. I have seen personally how the search community has rallied support over causes and people and it really shows me what a small world this really is. I remember when my Mom passed away, how I got calls, emails, flowers and support from literally all over the world - just from a small post Ian made back in the Moderator section of this site.

Having attended more conferences than I really remember over the past several years, I've grown to know so many people in the community so well that I really do consider it my extended family and you and this site have been a big part of making that community for me happen. Not to mention how this industry and community has affected my career.

Another big thanks for your contributions over the years.

Joe
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006   #17
Amanda W

Amanda W is on a distinguished road
Ten Years -- We've Only Just Begun

Danny:

Has it really been ten years? They say when you are having fun the time flies or so it seems. For ten years you have been a reasoned, informed voice for our growing industry. We all owe you a huge debt of gratitude for all you have done both to teach us and to help shape the industry. The title of this post is a hopeful note for the future.

Amanda Watlington
Amanda W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #18
Nance

What a milestone!

Danny, congratulations and thanks for this really interesting review of your ten years of covering the search industry.

Your post is close to home for me because we are also celebrating our 10th birthday as a search marketing company this year. As part of our birthday bash, we've asked people to think back to where they were 10 years ago. The result is a very interesting blog - it's really amazing to see which paths people have taken to end up with a connection to search marketing in 2006.

Nancy Hackett
Marketing Manager - ineedhits

Last edited by Marcia : 08-16-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2006   #19
Webmaster T

Webmaster T is a jewel in the roughWebmaster T is a jewel in the roughWebmaster T is a jewel in the rough
Danny, Excellent SE history lesson! I remember when it was you me and Jim Wilson. Jim is no longer with us, I've pretty much had little to add for years, but you've just kept chuggin' along! Good on you, keep it comin'!
Webmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote