Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2006   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
SES China 06 Coverage

Yup, we got a guy who is donating his time covering SES China.

The coverage is being posted on the homepage live, as it goes up and in this Search Engine Strategies 2006 China category.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #2
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
Nice...hopefully we can get out "Baidu" optimization tips on!
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #3
webmama
webmama

webmama has a spectacular aura aboutwebmama has a spectacular aura about
English or Chinese

What I don't see addressed in the first few talks is whether the search traffic is in english or chinese? As with other countries/languages much of the searching is done in English regardless of the primary spoken language in that country. Does this hold true in China? I am looking for information specifically about B2B not necessarily music downloads.
webmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #4
GlobalSEO

GlobalSEO will become famous soon enough
Most of the searches are done in Chinese unless it requires a western spelling. While I did not hear the exact answer an any of the sessions I attended I did ask a few people who had active campaigns and found the following:

If the search was for something that is typically English like a software or type of solution like Service Oriented Architecture that search is typically done in English. However, any adjectives or other refinements like case studies etc were done with Chinese.

One interesting comment I heard was that once they get to the site they often look for manuals and tech documents in English since they don't trust the translation of these types of documents. I have heard the same thing in Russia.

I stayed in China this week after the conference to meet with a number of B2B companies and will post more about the format of search queries after looking at what they are doing.
GlobalSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #5
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Hi All,

I finally managed to post the daily blog posts for the China Search Marketing Tour and SES China, as well as the photos with extensive comments.

Enjoy

Ian
Old 04-06-2006   #6
shor
aka Lucas Ng. Aussie online marketer.

shor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanerin
Hi All,

I finally managed to post the daily blog posts for the China Search Marketing Tour and SES China, as well as the photos with extensive comments.

Enjoy

Ian
Reading through them now (and sympathizing with your Wall climb!). Is it just me or is hard to navigate to the next day for each blogger post
shor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #7
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
That's a good idea - I'll provide a link to the next one (unless someone has a more elegant method they'd like to share - a template tweak or something?)

Ian

<added> Ok, fixed - stupid Blogspot. They have a PreviousItem tag, but not a next item tag. That should definately be on a ToDo list for someone...

Last edited by mcanerin : 04-06-2006 at 02:15 AM.
mcanerin is offline   Reply With Quote