Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > General Search Issues > SEM Related Organizations & Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006   #1
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
SES Toronto - Let the Thread Begin!

OK gang, Search Engine Strategies Toronto -- organized by Chris Sherman, keynoted by Danny Sullivan, and gadflied by yours truly -- is coming up fast. My house is starting to fill up, but there is room in my attic, and (I hear) in local hotels.

I know some of you usual suspects are getting ready to make the trip. Newcomers, welcome!

Word has it there is going to be some very good post-show party activity planned, so if you are a speaker or just a very important (or persistent) person with a high tolerance for late hours, consider booking your flight for the FOLLOWING day... don't fly out the minute the show ends!

Program-wise, looks first rate. Among other things I am moderating a roundtable panel on Search Marketing in Canada. Other than that, the "core" SES curriculum will dominate (it's not the Canada Show by any means), and I expect the Q&A's to be ever-livelier.

See you there!

Andrew

Last edited by andrewgoodman : 03-12-2006 at 11:38 PM. Reason: added link
andrewgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #2
bdnseo
SEO Web Guide

bdnseo is on a distinguished road
alternative entry

Do you guys have any "cost friendly" ways for the small businessman to attend these conferences.

I am a one man shop and would love to go, but the $1000 price tag is a bit steep when a large corporation isn't picking up the tab for me.
bdnseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #3
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
I'll be there! Any parties this year? I'm looking forward to the Intercontinental - that's a nice hotel
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #4
Lyndsay
www.lyndseo.com

Lyndsay is on a distinguished road
I hope I can go... I was born and raised not far away and only moved provinces a year ago... I'm dying to eat at all my favourite restaurants again! (anyone up for lunch at Shoney's down the street?)
Lyndsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #5
andrewgoodman

andrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to allandrewgoodman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdnseo
Do you guys have any "cost friendly" ways for the small businessman to attend these conferences.

I am a one man shop and would love to go, but the $1000 price tag is a bit steep when a large corporation isn't picking up the tab for me.
It's definitely a cost of doing business, but attendees are far from uniformly "corporate." One man shop definitely makes it harder -- but if you can go to one once a year, you'll be getting past some of those who don't attend... both in terms of knowledge and relationships.

Some folks will get an exhibit hall pass and just attend the networking events. However, that means you miss 100% of the sessions!
Old 03-14-2006   #6
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
I will be there and speaking
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #7
webmama
webmama

webmama has a spectacular aura aboutwebmama has a spectacular aura about
Discount for SES

You can get a 10% discount to all SES conferences if you become a member of the Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization SEMPO . Really valuable if you attend more than one SES conference.
webmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006   #8
andrewgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by randfish
I'll be there! Any parties this year? I'm looking forward to the Intercontinental - that's a nice hotel
Hi Rand, regarding parties, my company and a couple of others are working on co-sponsoring something for the "post-SES" crowd on the second night. Don't book your flight out early!!
Old 03-22-2006   #9
pmac
Pass the beernuts.

pmac has a spectacular aura aboutpmac has a spectacular aura about
I plan on stopping in.
pmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #10
oilman

oilman is a jewel in the roughoilman is a jewel in the roughoilman is a jewel in the roughoilman is a jewel in the rough
I'm in. (adds characters to make post long enough...)
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #11
bdnseo
SEO Web Guide

bdnseo is on a distinguished road
next one

Andrew,

Going to have to take a pass on this one, but thanks a lot for the offer. I just can't squeeze it into the budget yet (still working on my credibility in this industry and hence only have a few low paying clients thus far).

Best Regards... and have fun. If you guys are looking for places to party 416-887-6360 is my number... I live in Toronto and can probably point you where you want to be outside of the conference.

Best Regards,
Mike
bdnseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #12
andrewgoodman

Mike, this crew can never have too many party suggestions.
Old 03-25-2006   #13
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgoodman
Mike, this crew can never have too many party suggestions.
Wise words from the man who closed down the Ask.com 'code red' party in New York with me and were the last men standing at what time 3 - 4am? (although I do believe I outlasted you in Stockholm last year )
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006   #14
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
I'll be there too - speaking and moderating. Looking forward to see you all
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006   #15
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there. I think I'll be speaking, and I might be moderating - it's up to Chris, of course.

At the very least, I'll be drinking the beer...

Ian
Old 03-26-2006   #16
andrewgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Morin
Wise words from the man who closed down the Ask.com 'code red' party in New York with me and were the last men standing at what time 3 - 4am? (although I do believe I outlasted you in Stockholm last year )
It's all part of competitive research.
Old 04-08-2006   #17
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
> Hi Rand, regarding parties, my company and a couple of others are working on co-sponsoring something for the "post-SES" crowd on the second night. Don't book your flight out early!!

Any news on the parties? Still haven't decided on my going-back-day ...
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #18
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
See you there guys.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #19
andrewgoodman

This post will self-destruct in 48 hrs.

I think SE Forum diehards deserve an invite to the best post-show party ever at SES Toronto, so here's the info if you're interested! We can only let in a few people thru this channel before all the sushi runs out, so I'll likely pull this post by week end.

I have to say, this whole distillery refurbished district is shaping up to be quite something. There are new condos opening etc. The best part was after finalizing the floor plan I stopped by the most amazing bakery where I mean to get tarts to bring to my parents' house, and wound up with:

- tarts
- scones
- lentil soup
- curry special

I guess they get lonely down there in winter so they cook up a storm. The soup was the best. The scones tasted like shortbread.

Andrew

--

Hello all,

Please see the invitation below for a post show party!!

POST-SES-TORONTO PARTY INVITATION

For speakers, guests, & VIP's only! You must RSVP by visiting:
www.page-zero.com/shindig

Please note: if you're receiving this invite, you can bring up to two (2) guests. Please ensure that your guests RSVP and mention that they are your guest.

When: Wednesday, April 26, 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Where: The Boiler House, 55 Mill Street Bldg. 46
Co-Sponsors: Page Zero, Metamend, Siteposition

Two words: free sushi!

Again, for best results, please RSVP as soon as possible. We look forward to mingling with you and celebrating the close of another successful SES.

Get more info, and RSVP here:
www.page-zero.com/shindig
Old 04-19-2006   #20
otcbbcmnn
VP of Marketing - Communicate.com

otcbbcmnn is on a distinguished road
Sounds Rockin Andrew

Looking forward to some good drunkin rants.

I've decided to throw it together last minute to head to SES in TO instead of Ad:tech in san fran. Any suggestions for a good hotel within stumbling distance of the conference?
otcbbcmnn is offline   Reply With Quote