Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2006   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Yahoo Makes Real Use of Wiki

A Yahoo Blog post named Going deeper into the Wikipedia describes how many Wiki results in the SERPs now have deeper links to pages within the wiki that relate to your search query.

For example, try search.yahoo.com/search?p=coffee and look for the wiki result, you will see..

Useful, I think so. Your thoughts?
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #2
aplusjimages

aplusjimages is on a distinguished road
I don't know why the Search Engines are placing so much emphasis on Wikipedia. Its an honorable thing Wikipedia is doing, but it is far from being accurate and verified.

All information is filtered, but Wikipedia is filtered encyclopedia information that is kept according to opinion and whether or not someone is powertripping.

I say the search engines should hold off on intergrating it quite yet and stop giving it so much indexing weight.
aplusjimages is offline   Reply With Quote