Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2006   #1
lorenbaker

lorenbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlorenbaker has a spectacular aura about
Google Finance Launching or Testing

Was digging though my referrals this morning and found some hefty clues pointing to the launch of Google Finance.

1) google.com/finance

2) referrals from this URL for searches of "GOOG"

3) Search Strings :

http://google.com/finance?q=goog&btng=search+finance

0.frontend.sfe.scrooge.dc.borg.google.com:31853

4) IP's : Google.com, IP addresses 213.208.226.42, 65.57.245.11 & 80.169.137.162, Sonic.net

My educated guess is that the Google Finance portal is listing either blog or news stories related to stock ticker symbols, as the referrals were pointing to my most recent stories on Google Japan and Google Page Creator.

More here : http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=2991
lorenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #2
Wail
Another member

Wail will become famous soon enoughWail will become famous soon enough
This is a great find - I think it's the most interesting and search space changing comment to hit the thread this week. Maybe this month.

If Google introduces a personal finance vertical search then they may do to the moneynet searches of the internet what they're currently doing to web analytics.

Just as importantly, if Google does one vertical then who's to say that they won't do another? We've already seen some signs of Google Travel with some flights triggering links to selected partners.

Speaking of partners; there's the American coverage of the Olympics and the "in association with" links (which are neither natural nor sponsored). We're definitely seeing more shades of grey from Google in their "we're not a portal" and "clearly identify paid search content" stance.
Wail is offline   Reply With Quote