Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > MSN Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2006   #1
jjspirko

jjspirko has a spectacular aura aboutjjspirko has a spectacular aura about
MSN Team Gives First Public Demo of MSN adCenter 3.0 presented to DFW SEM

I just posted some info we learned directly from Microsoft Personal during the first ever demonstration of MSN adCenter version 3.0.

The post titled MSN Team Gives First Public Demo of MSN adCenter 3.0 presented to DFW SEM

http://blog.masterlink.com/9/165

has been added to both of our blogs, we have one on blogger located at dallas-seo.blogspot.com and a second at our in house blog on our own platform that is currently in development located here blog.masterlink.com/9

I would be interesed in getting some feed back and comments from ya'll if possible. Also you guys may be interested to note that MSN is following these blog posts so please be cordial if you have critisism. There are bugs and the system is in Beta but they really seem to be working hard to make the system into an excellent tool.

There is some info in my posts that I don't think you will find anywhere else at this time.

Jack Spirko

Last edited by Marcia : 08-24-2006 at 05:24 AM.
jjspirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #2
seomike
Md_Rewrite Guru

seomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to behold
Is this the same live demo done by Carolyn with MSN back on Valentines day?

Or the new new demo minus the techincal problems lol
seomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #3
jjspirko

That was 2.0

Mike,

This was the first demo of 3.0 which was released in beta just three days ago. If you read my blog post you will find that there are still some bugs however, 3.0 is a major improvement over the prior version.

Jack
Old 02-21-2006   #4
seomike
Md_Rewrite Guru

seomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to beholdseomike is a splendid one to behold
I was planning to go actually. I freaking hit a patch of black ice on a Sunday and destroyed my front right tire on a curb...Hey I'm from Florida I'm not used to this icy road crap here in Dallas.

I don't get it though they already have a 3.0 from a 2.0 in 5 days ready to go public when what they showed on the 14th was a total joke. Thats pretty fast QA for something that big and important.

Nice well anything would have been better than the demo on the 14th. I'll definitely read your posts on it though hopefully they fixed the problems.
seomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006   #5
jjspirko

I tried working with 2.0 an ya it was pretty bad. 3.0 is a Beta product it is NOT perfect. The term suggestion tool needs some work but it isn't bad, I would not rely on the search count too much right now etc.

However, it is so easy to pick on a new product to make it out to be lacking. Instead I decided to see just how much good there was in adCenter and there is a lot.

Can it get better? Yes of course. Will it? That I will bet my last dollar on! Bill G has put 100 million into making sure it happens and like Bill or not (I happen to be a fan) he did not get his wealth by spending money poorly.

Adwords wasn't built in a day either you know, and I for one am looking forward to having a second choice in traffic that isn't driven up non stop simply because everyone can see everyone's bids and no reward is given for ad quality,

Jack
Old 02-22-2006   #6
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
I saw the demo at the meeting here in Dallas and it looks great--when the MSN reps went through it live I didn't see any issues or problems, although it was a little slow (perhaps that was due to the wifi connection at the hotel here in Dallas.

I'll check with the MSN reps to see if we can post their presentation on the DFWSEM site, certainly some will be interested in seeing it?

Also, I hear that Celena and Robyn are manning the MSN booth at the SES Conference next week in New York City, so if you have questions you might be able to speak to them while you're there.

Last edited by bhartzer : 02-22-2006 at 06:14 PM.
bhartzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #7
jjspirko

Glad to do the write up Bill and thanks for the comments in our blog!

On another note Mark has a great post today about the impact to Yahoo advertisers as MSN Search increases their show rate from 25% to 50%.

A lot of Yahoo Advertisers who are not in the know may end up wondering why their impressions, clicks and traffic continues to decline.

You can read Marks post here, http://blog.masterlink.com/9

Last edited by Marcia : 08-24-2006 at 05:23 AM.