Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Yahoo! > Yahoo Search Marketing (PPC Ads)
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2006   #1
JohnW

JohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud of
Yahoo Search Marketing & Kowabunga?

I was reviewing the YSM Ambassador program FAQ located at
http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/af/amb_faq.php#q1

I noticed that an email contact link at the bottom of the page is listed as follows:

yahoosearchmarketing@kowabunga.com

Does anyone know what the relationship is between Kowabunga and YSM, particurlarly in the context of how it is offered on the FAQ page?

If this has been discussed before, sorry.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #2
Web Diversity

Web Diversity will become famous soon enough
Kowabunga are the Program Partner Manager for Yahoo as stated on the page you cite.
Web Diversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #3
JohnW

JohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud of
Thanks for the reply. I guess the real question is why Yahoo would outsource something so important to their business. The affiliate side of it, I get. The Ambassador part, I don't get. Nothing against KB but it seems like this is a reach for them - but I do give them lots of credit for landing such a big fish.
Old 02-23-2006   #4
Wavy Davy
Go Chelsea!

Wavy Davy is an unknown quantity at this point
Commish Junction

I did notice the other day that the Commission Junction and Yahoo! SM relationship had expired from the CJ control panel.

Now I notice it is back up again.

I am one of those smaller SEO services (and want to stay that way) that don't feel the need to pass tests to sell other company services - this is what has stopped me moving forward with the Google and Y! "tests"

Not to say that I have failed the Y! test a gazillion times - A.D.D. ?
Wavy Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #5
JohnW

I took the test for the heck of it and passed. Some of the questions had nothing to do with PPC and were only related to the affiliate program. Guess I was irritated by the questions that were irrelevant to YSM PPC.
Old 02-23-2006   #6
Wavy Davy
Go Chelsea!

Wavy Davy is an unknown quantity at this point
Heck of it???

I start out deadly serious and 10 minutes into the test I say to heck with it and fail - only just a fail, but, guaranteed a fail.....

I like Y! too - I wonder if they will let me "skirt" the test if I keep signing up more PPC accounts

David
Wavy Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #7
YahooSarah
Official Representative (formerly OvertureRep)

YahooSarah is a glorious beacon of lightYahooSarah is a glorious beacon of lightYahooSarah is a glorious beacon of lightYahooSarah is a glorious beacon of lightYahooSarah is a glorious beacon of light
YSM Ambassador Program

Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind me dropping into the conversation but I wanted to clarify that Kowabunga simply hosts the training and fulfilling on commission payments to Ambassadors. They do field some general questions from Ambassadors about the program but rest assured Yahoo! Search Marketing remains in full control of the program

YahooSarah
YahooSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #8
sportsguy
Just another in-house SEM guy...

sportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the roughsportsguy is a jewel in the rough
I noticed the exact same thing as JohnW. Many of the questions on the test had squat to do with PPC - in fact, I found a few questions which either weren't covered in the study guide, or were called by different names between the two - confusing to say the least.

In the end, I decided to keep going with the test to see how I made out - passed nicely. Then realized passing was not enough. I then got e-mails questioning why I wanted to join and how my "situation" would be applicable to joining the program after my site was reviewed.

Funny, I thought passing the test meant I passed the test. LOL

No biggie in the end - just answered the questions and it is allgood now.

I was originally confused by the tie-in to Kowabunga, but figured it was a aprtnership with K managing the testing & vetting for Yahoo.

Happy I did it - and just enough of a geek to print of the completion certificate and hang it in the office...LOL

Duane
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote