Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2004   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Backlink Update - August 10

http://216.239.59.104/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=Searc h

Good luck guys.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #2
polarmate
Indian Food Junkie

polarmate is on a distinguished road
Doesn't look much different from the previous update.
polarmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #3
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Im up few k on some sites.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #4
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like it's on.
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #5
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Some changes showing, but no changes in positions at this point. Added ones they're showing have been there for a long while, and some that have been eliminated that were showing are not now showing up.

Still, some unaffiliated one way quality links aren't showing and the junk links from pages with scraped content are.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #6
jan

jan is on a distinguished road
Question

- Number of backlinks shown went up (got more)
- Highest quality not shown
- Toolbar PR no change yet

BUT:

- Recent change in PR shown in Google Directory! - since when?
- Ahead of the Toolbar PR update?
- Strange values; a lot of 4 and 6 but no 3 and 5?
- Is the PR scale going to change?
- Wait and see if it lasts

Last edited by jan : 08-10-2004 at 06:37 PM.
jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #7
SearchTHIS

Exclamation Links gone...

Hello all,
I just wanted to add, my site lost 54 of its 88 links!!! RRRRRrrrrr. But I am not seeing a drop in SERP or PR. Also appears to have some junk links now. I am really hoping this is temporary.

Any insight to a new link filtering method google may be testing?
Old 08-10-2004   #8
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
>>insight

Ya, they're gaslighting us again.

Last edited by Marcia : 08-10-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #9
trafficsmack

trafficsmack is on a distinguished road
Marcia,

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Gaslighting article. I am seeing PR 0 page where there was a PR4, but I didn't change a thing on this page since the last update. I am seeing high serps for PR 0 pages. I am seeing PR 5 for a page that is not indexed and has the robots exclusion tag NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW.
trafficsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #10
MattKP
Keyword Performance Guy

MattKP is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to add that before Google switched things up a month or so ago i had 15 linkbacks.... then they changed stuff.... I had 3 linkbacks... now since the weekend i have 59 linkbacks ..however its not respresenting a crap load of ones i know i have, and its showing low PRs too.... face it, Google doesnt want you to see all your linkbacks.

also no change in PR / SERPS
MattKP is offline   Reply With Quote