Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Ask.com
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2006   #1
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Ask Jeeves to Hold Party at SES NYC

Like last year, Ask Is holding a party Monday night of SES. Time and location TBA. Not sure about invites and so on... Hopefully Joseph will have more info...

I do not know if William Hung from last year will make it this year.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #2
Joseph Morin

Joseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of lightJoseph Morin is a glorious beacon of light
Official Party Guide Posted

I do Barry -

Official SES Party Guide is now posted....

Joe
Joseph Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #3
Karl Ribas
Karl Ribas.com

Karl Ribas is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great time. How was last year's Ask party?
Karl Ribas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006   #4
lorenbaker

lorenbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlorenbaker has a spectacular aura about
* William Hung was late so the bar got these really skinny and underdeveloped girls to dance on tables in the lounge area (where my wife and I were sitting).

* I got to talk to Hung's promoters for about 10 minutes and they gave me a William Hung Christmas Ornament.

* There were free Camel Lights in the bathroom and the smoking area outside was quite nice (I've since quit).

* The food was tasty. Lots of shrimp, mini-crab cakes and cool little tart and meat pies.

* The bar was great and I never had a problem getting a drink (even after only tipping a dollar or two).

* The Guy to Gal ratio was about 10:1, so if you were looking to hook up it wasn't the place to be.

* Lots of dancing and I saw some people slipping dollar bills to the skin & bones dancing girls to get more attention, they should have slipped them some energy bars or a sandwich.

* The bar poured a mean TequilaTonic.

* I had a chance to sit down and talk to William Hung and his mom for about 5 minutes.

Last edited by lorenbaker : 02-13-2006 at 08:38 AM.
lorenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006   #5
Karl Ribas
Karl Ribas.com

Karl Ribas is on a distinguished road
Thanks lorenbaker -

All in all... it sounded like a pretty decent evening. I wonder what they have instore for this year's NYC. Thanks for your comments.
Karl Ribas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #6
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Jeeves' does know how to throw a good party. I'm so glad they are stepping up to the plate in NY because the other engines don't seem to have their act together for one this year.

Last year's NYC AJ party was awesome... the bar was cool, cosmos even better when freely flowing like that... and William Hung was just plain comical.

but in IMHO, they topped that party in a big way during San Jose this year, when they had the DAN BAND (from the movie old school) come play Studio 8 -

that was sweet.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #7
Jill Whalen
SEO Consulting

Jill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really niceJill Whalen is just really nice
Quote:
* I had a chance to sit down and talk to William Hung and his mom for about 5 minutes.
Is he really as clueless as he seems in regards to his singing ability (or lackthereof)?
Jill Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote