Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Member's Lounge > The Padded Room
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2006   #1
dannysullivan
Editor, SearchEngineLand.com (Info, Great Columns & Daily Recap Of Search News!)

dannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud ofdannysullivan has much to be proud of
So Long Gary Price!

Sad news to report -- Gary Price is moving on from the SEW Blog to become the Director of Online Information Resources at Ask Jeeves. I'm posting more news over at the SEW Blog -- but our very best to Gary!

OK, posts now up. Our SEW farewell is here and Gary's farewell is here.

Last edited by dannysullivan : 02-09-2006 at 11:22 AM.
dannysullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #2
David Wallace

David Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to beholdDavid Wallace is a splendid one to behold
Very best wishes to you Gary. Thanks for all your contribution to Search Engine Watch Blog as well as doing the Daily SearchCast from time to time. I have always enjoyed your reporting style. Cheers!
David Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #3
Elisabeth

Elisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to beholdElisabeth is a splendid one to behold
Best of Luck, Gary

Thanks for everything!

We're going to miss you, but please don't forget to stop in.
Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #4
bhartzer
Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing Expert

bhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura aboutbhartzer has a spectacular aura about
Best wishes, Gary. I'll sure miss your great writing style and posts.
Old 02-09-2006   #5
rustybrick

rustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud ofrustybrick has much to be proud of
Gary, you will always be part of the SEM community.

Hope you stay in touch.
rustybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #6
mcanerin

mcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond reputemcanerin has a reputation beyond repute
Bye Gary - good luck with your new position - it looks like it will be interesting

Ian
Old 02-09-2006   #7
Mikkel deMib Svendsen

Mikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud ofMikkel deMib Svendsen has much to be proud of
Thanks for your time and efforts here - and good luck with the new job!
Mikkel deMib Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #8
Chris Boggs

Chris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud ofChris Boggs has much to be proud of
damn...now who will I find out about cool sites from at SES? Will miss you Gary, but I am sure Ask will love having you.

AND OF COURSE: CONGRATULATIONS BARRY! WOOHOO YOU DA MAN

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 02-09-2006 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typo
Chris Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #9
garyp

garyp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the roughgaryp is a jewel in the rough
Wow, the response to my departure has been very touching and nothing short of overwhelming both here and via personal email.

I'll miss posting to SEW Blog but I plan to post from time to time in the forum on various topics not just AJ news.

To Chris Boggs and others:

Of course SEW Blog is the place you'll likely turn to first with good reason. Btw, congrats Barry, Danny has made a WONDERFUL selection bringing you on.

Our ResourceShelf.com site is still going strong (we will begin our 5th year next month) and I would like to thank Danny for mentioning this site in his note and allowing me to mention it in my post.

ResourceShelf is aimed at the info professional (librarian audience) but if you liked some of the "stuff" I've posted on SEW along the way (cool databases, research tools, etc.) I hope all of you stop by when you have time and or add our feed to your aggregator. Don't let the word librarian through you off. I still think you'll regularly find some goodies. here.
http://www.resourceshelf.com
http://www.resourceshelf.com/resourceshelf.xml

We also offer a free weekly email reminder newsletter and who knows, maybe Barry or Danny will also link to an item every now and then.

Thanks again. SEW Blog readers now have a good friend at AJ. (-:

g
garyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #10
StepForth_Jim

StepForth_Jim is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Gary and, contratulations Barry.
StepForth_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #11
Bluebonnet

Good Luck, Gary

I am sad to see Gary go but glad to see he will still be doing Resource Shelf - I have gotten his newsletter regularly for I don't know how long and it is full of great information. Best of luck to you, Gary!
Old 02-09-2006   #12
Jenstar

Jenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of lightJenstar is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, great news Gary! Congrats!
Jenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #13
randfish

randfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to allrandfish is a name known to all
Gary - I really hope we still see you around the conference circuit a bit. I loved the private info-digging session you gave Barry and I in San Jose. You'll be sorely missed, although it sounds like a perfect position for you!

Best Wishes!
randfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #14
Chris_D

Chris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud ofChris_D has much to be proud of
Hey best of luck Gary. It'll be lonely in Searching tips & techniques without you.
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #15
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
I've always enjoyed reading you Gary; congratulations and best wishes for the new undertaking.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #16
shor
aka Lucas Ng. Aussie online marketer.

shor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the roughshor is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations and thanks for your exceptional contribution to the search industry thus far! Long may it continue now that you're at AJ.

Your news postings made for great reading way back when I was university undergrad studying information science and very new to the whole 'industry'

Last edited by shor : 02-09-2006 at 06:51 PM.
shor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #17
ewc21
Hong Kong SEO

ewc21 is on a distinguished road
I've been reading your (and Danny and Chris's) blogs in the past few months and have been doing so every morning. Thank you for your contributions and hope you'd drop by at the Forums once in a while.

Good luck on your career at Ask Jeeves.
ewc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #18
Nacho

Nacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to beholdNacho is a splendid one to behold
There not enough words for me to say ....

Gary,

Thank you 21,300 times 1,000,000 for sharing the wealth of knowledge with me and others. I learned so much that I was adicted to reading your blogs every day (and there have not been enough days to read it all ;-) ).

I wish you the best at Ask and with all your personal projects. I hope you will find success.... You deseve it.

Un abrazo Amigo!

Nacho
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #19
Gilad
SearchMarketing.co.il

Gilad is on a distinguished road
Good luck at ASK, keep doing great!
Gilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #20
Kal

Kal has a spectacular aura aboutKal has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Wow - read about this in Matt Cutt's blog. My sincere congratulations and a fond farewell to you Gary. Here's to an exciting year ahead for you.

And hip, hip, hooray to Barry for stepping in to fill Gary's shoes. It's a testament to your hard work on Roundtable all these months. I'll be reading your news with interest!