Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009   #1
neroma

neroma is on a distinguished road
Same Site Text Links V OutBound Links

I have a question on same site links and outbound links.

Okay I am working on a client's site and we have decided to write an article regarding using our primary keyword. We are going to link to this article from the home page.

I have checked out the competition for this keyword and they are using same site text link's - /index.php.examplepage.html, while my clients site uses full outbound links http://www.examplesite/index.php/examplepage.

Does Google see this as a link from the same domain or as an outbound link?, and what effect does this have on link juice provided by keyword anchor text?

Hope somebody can help

Kind Regards
Neil
neroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #2
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: Same Site Text Links V OutBound Links

Good question Neil, I think you are talking about absolute vs. relative URLs? These would be handled the same unless say you have canonical issues in which absolute URLs might be the better choice for SEO...