Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009   #1
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
PPC listings at the right side of youtube search?

I just typed in "southern france" into youtube, and at the right side of the "organic video search results" there were 5 or so videos by youtube users named "travelvideostore" and other commerical sounding names.

Has anyone seen this before? Seems like youtube is using something very similar to adwords in youtube, now (would make sense considering youtube is probably the 2nd biggest search engine so-to-speak)?
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #2
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough
Re: PPC listings at the right side of youtube search?

Did you see under Sponsored Links section? and hope you can give an insight about it

Best,
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #3
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I just noticed they have a sponsored links section on youtube lol. Now if I type in "southern france" (or the german translation of it), I can only see text ads. Yesterday however there were videos (by companies apparently) in exactly that section (instead of text links)
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #4
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

Hope it is not an alignment issue lol

I will let you know if I find something as you told

Best,
Old 06-04-2009   #5
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

Yes, those right side videos are named as "Promoted Videos" - pay per click model, currently only for US users and they subject to the same Google Adwords policies and procedures

Best,

Last edited by jag : 06-04-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: update