Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009   #1
B-Double-U

B-Double-U will become famous soon enough
Linking AdWords to Google Base

I just noticed a new tab in my Google Base account that lets me link my Google Base feed submission to AdWords.

It simply states:
Quote:
Share your content with AdWords
Get your Google Base content into your AdWords Campaigns.
It also has a link to learn more, but it is very nebulous and doesn't answer very much. Learn More

I am going to call up and get as much info as I can, but right now my big questions are the costs and criteria used for the display of the ad as well as will it conflict with current ads that already exist in adwords.

If anyone is using this new feature can you please help enlighten us as to the nuances or your findings?

Thanks! I will post more as I find out.
B-Double-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #2
Jwm909

Jwm909 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Linking AdWords to Google Base

The problem is, your AdWords account has to be enabled by Google for this feature to work:

"Note: Currently, the ability to surface product information in your AdWords ads is only available for select Google Base providers in the US. However, we look forward to offering this feature to additional providers in the near future."

So, if you don't see a link to create a "Product Extension" in your AdWords account, you're left to wait (like me).

A little more info: http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/019871.html
Jwm909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #3
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough
Re: Linking AdWords to Google Base

Good feature for enabling mass products and there should be option for product preference and management. Hope to see on the board

Best,
jag is offline   Reply With Quote