Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2008   #1
tharmon

tharmon is on a distinguished road
SEO Friendly Shopping Cart

So, I'm trying to find a decent shopping cart that has a search engine friendly script for a clients website without building it myself. Any suggestions?
tharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008   #2
bradbox

bradbox will become famous soon enoughbradbox will become famous soon enough
Re: SEO Friendly Shopping Cart

We took IBuySpy from ASP.NET and made some changes. It's now unrecognisable from the original download, but we've reused it for a number of clients, so it's paid us back. Many of those sites are doing well in the natural search engines.

How many products does your client have?
bradbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #3
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

OSCommerce and XCart have seo friendly hacks and are easy to install - what about Google checkout... figure they would be seo friendly
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #4
bradbox

bradbox will become famous soon enoughbradbox will become famous soon enough

tharmon - once you decide on a solution, can you keep us posted on why you made the decision, and what the results are?

I'm sure many of us are very interested in the results.
bradbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #5
tharmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbox View Post
We took IBuySpy from ASP.NET and made some changes. It's now unrecognisable from the original download, but we've reused it for a number of clients, so it's paid us back. Many of those sites are doing well in the natural search engines.

How many products does your client have?
Well...we don't use a windows server, so ASP would be out the question. I'm looking for something preferably in PHP.
They have a lot of products, all total around 3,000.

I will keep you posted on what I use once I come to a decision
Old 12-01-2008   #6
rapidvectorseo

rapidvectorseo will become famous soon enoughrapidvectorseo will become famous soon enough

Try Rapidvector.com CMS system, easy to create and build pages for your shopping store.
rapidvectorseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #7
ldsc

ldsc is on a distinguished road

hi rapid seo this information is also helpful for me
ldsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #8
CaseyC

CaseyC is just really niceCaseyC is just really niceCaseyC is just really niceCaseyC is just really nice

Network Solutions e-commerce package is SEO friendly. We just started a store using it in May, but are not ranking too well on anything yet (possible Sandbox effect), but we know of a person who uses it exclusively and has a number of sites that rank in the top 5 for their primary keywords.
CaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #9
tharmon

Thumbs up Re: SEO Friendly Shopping Cart

Thanks everyone! You have given me lots of carts to research. Like I said, as soon as I implement it and test it, I'll be sure to give you some results.