Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008   #1
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
Using proxy to see the US SERPs?

Hi guys,

today I realized that for an e-commerce keyword, a friend of mine living in the US didn't see 3 sites in his top 30. Surprisingly I saw those sites (all of which were from the UK) at #4,#5,#6 in my SERPs.

It was an e-commerce term, and I assume it might make sense for Google to favor UK sites if somebody is doing an English language search from Germany. Shipping costs would be lower, would take less time to ship, etc..

Now, what I'm wondering: How can I see the SERPs somebody in the US sees? I've tried using .com, English language, even .us - but it hasn't worked out.

I'm not really sure what this is, but I've heard one could use a proxy server based in the US to visit Google, that way Google should show me the US SERPs, because they'd think I'm based in the US not in Germany.

Does this work? Would this be legal?

Maybe there's a better solution such as adding a query string(exp) when I type in www.google.com?

thanks guys!
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #2
beu

beu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to allbeu is a name known to all
Re: Using proxy to see the US SERPs?

Try this:

oyoy.eu/google/world/
beu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #3
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Using proxy to see the US SERPs?

Thanks! -looks like it works!
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote