Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008   #1
crocwatcher

crocwatcher is on a distinguished road
Adwords slow showing ads

For the second time is as many weeks, big G is taking forever to begin displaying my ads. It's been 5 days since my campaign was made active and still no ads. Is anyone else having this problem? And yes, I have checked all the usual sticking points like budget, approved ads, billing issues etc. Everything is fine just no ads showing. Wondering if they don't like the color of my money or if this is across the board for everyone. Thanks

Steve
crocwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #2
shaneekirk

shaneekirk is on a distinguished road
Re: Adwords slow showing ads

I've seen it happen occasionally. See if you can get on the live chat help or email your account rep. They will push them through.
shaneekirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #3
juliawesome

juliawesome is on a distinguished road

That has happened to me numerous times; but like shaneekirk said, your best bet is to get on live chat with a Google rep. Emailing usually takes longer, whereas a live chat has usually resulted in fast, direct answers.

For the most part, the Google rep has given me some bull about how the waiting line for the editorial process can take anywhere from 1-3 business days, but when you make it an issue that you need to have your ads up and running ASAP, they do it for you within the 24hours of when you chat with the rep.
juliawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #4
bpfrank

bpfrank is on a distinguished road

Yes you should contact them.... This is usually happening when there is something on your ad raising a flag on their system. Could be a trademark term used or simply a picture. They're much tighter now when it comes to quality than I don't really think they have the sufficient resource to handle it...
bpfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #5
crocwatcher

crocwatcher is on a distinguished road

Follow up - yes, it seems standard procedure to take several days for ads at Google now. I had some take 8 days actually. However, I will use the chat support as that always seems to correct the problem within 24 hours. So, SOP from now on, set up campaign, wait 2 hours the hook up with chat, LOL.
crocwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote