Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009   #21
KSew

KSew is on a distinguished road
Re: Who has switched back to old interface?

My God... I got that dreaded mail today. I have time till 30 days to "enjoy" the old interface, after that I have no choice but to use the new interface. Why does Google not listen to its advertisers any more?

The saying is right - Old is Gold.

AWA we need to listen what the guys there in Google have to say?
KSew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009   #22
AdWordsRep
AdWords Customer Advocate

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

Thanks to everyone for their latest comments, which I'll pass along in a special section of the Advertiser Feedback Report later this evening - roughly 10 hours from the time I write this, shortly after noon.

Quote:
AWA we need to listen what the guys there in Google have to say?
I basically send all the comments I collect over the course of the week (from a variety of sources including this and two other forums) and 'ship it' to the right teams. I don't hear an awful lot back (nor do I expect to) but among other comments I did get a 'thank you' for the collected feedback - saying the negative feedback was concerning, and that it was great to be aware of it.

So I do know your feedback is being heard.

==========================================

I will add that as a 'consumer' I do fully understand the 'Old is Gold' notion. For just short of 11 years I have been a near-daily user of a well known Online auction site. At one point, when I had been laid off from an unsuccessful 'competior' (cough!) of that site, I actually paid my rent for several months by selling some of my most prized treasures there - but I have mostly been a buyer.

This site is well known for changing the UI, even splitting off automotive stuff to a separate site, for example. And every time they do, I hate it. Sometimes I even HATE it. As do many others.

The darndest thing, though. After a time, I get used to the changes, and then I start to actually count on (and even enjoy) the new features.

Then, a long while later, they will change the UI again. And I hate it.

Rinse and repeat.

Bottom line, I understand the feeling - and, at the same time, since I know how much work has gone into this (a great deal of it based on advertiser feedback) I hope you go from hate to at least a mild 'Hey, this is kind of useful' feeling.

Anyway - many thanks for the feedback, which will go out to the right folks later tonight.

AWR
AdWordsRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009   #23
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

Rep, thanks a lot for your explanation. If the new interface had been mild or implemented stage by stage there wont been any issues and adwords professionals / Webmasters can manage with the changes but am sure that small business owners would get into trouble. This is like a windows users suddenly switches to Linux or Mac.

And I use IE7 and I get a message often like "We noticed that you are using Internet Explorer 6. For a better and faster experience with the new AdWords interface, we recommend upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, or Chrome."

Also when I browse through ad groups and related tabs I get following message sometimes "There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.Please refresh this page to try again. Please sign in to AdWords again.
If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page."

These sometimes annoys when I have to work on the bid amount when time factor is concerned. Hope you would understand.

We would like these to be fixed

Thanks,

Last edited by jag : 05-23-2009 at 02:36 AM.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #24
AdWordsRep

AdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud ofAdWordsRep has much to be proud of

I'll continue to pass along this feedback each week - as I have just done with yours, jag.

Many thanks,

AWR
Old 05-29-2009   #25
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the support. We wish adwords service to meet our expected value

Best,
Old 06-01-2009   #26
Mel66
Oversees: Google AdWords

Mel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud ofMel66 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSew View Post
My God... I got that dreaded mail today. I have time till 30 days to "enjoy" the old interface, after that I have no choice but to use the new interface.
I got this email today. So it looks like we are going to have to put up and shut up.

After using the new interface for a few weeks now, the two biggest annoyances for me are the non-sticky date range across clients and the horizontal scroll. Fix these and I will be a happy camper.
Old 06-01-2009   #27
Ryan L

Ryan L is on a distinguished road

horizontal scrolling/autosizing or lack thereof killed it for me. I gave it two days then switched back.
Ryan L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #28
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

yes is about to be compulsory
Old 06-01-2009   #29
Discovery
Jerry Nordstrom

Discovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud ofDiscovery has much to be proud of

Okay, AWR always likes the easy copy and paste format, so I'll start the list with items already posted and some I have added.

1 In-line editing of bids, budgets, etc. No waiting for new pages to load. Love this.
2 The graphs - very helpful.
3 Can edit many settings in-line such as pause, resume, etc.
4 Slow performance.
5 See The date range in the old interface is sticky between clients. In the new one it is not. So now I have to adjust the date range over and over again.
6 As kiowajackson said it would be very nice to be able to set defaults for ad rotation.
7 The "recommended daily budget" feature is nowhere to be found.
8. Lack of older browser support
9.Size! Horizontal scrolling all the time. Personally I like white space to the left and right. Somehow even when the entire screen is displayed it looks like it is cut off and I want to scroll over.
10. Christmas all year long. Petty, but dark green and red? Yuk.
11. Can't remove budget or status collumn from view.
12. Segment by network - If I have an Google search only campaign the other two Search Partners and Content should show a status like "not enabled" see campaign settings. Instead of 0impressions 0 clicks - we forget which campaigns are set up without running on content.
13. Status: Eligible. That is a wierd term. You use common media control symbols, so it would make sense to use, Active, Stopped, Or paused, and Deleted. Eligible sounds like a temporary status, like you are waiting for a review and approval.
14. Adgroups: I have content turned off yet my CPC default for content states AUTO MAX. It should be "off".
15. Sticky: I like to turn off the Graph and keep it off. Most controls I like to have a global setting. I'm sure others may differ on this.
16.Move the Date Filter down to the bar just above the campaign report. Too high and out of site top right.
17. Same issue with Filters and settings options.
18. MMC account holders; Can't go directly to clients analytics reports. Need to map these things in.
19.Billing - Excellent job here. Clean clear easy.
20. Content: managed Placements, nice improvement and more detail.
21. Reports:Referal report; You need to add the same functionality to these reports as you have in the Managed placement report. A check box by each Domain with the ability to add, delete, pause or increase a bid for that content partner.
22. Allow advertisers to "freeze" their content network so that no new content partner can be added... In one click!
23. Ability to create and report on an integrated campaign using TV, Radio and online Text/image ads. Currently the data for such campaign resides in seperate places.
24.MCC is still in the old interface style.. keep it that way
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #30
AdWordsRep

Many thanks for the 'Summary +New' list, Discovery.

Now included in this week's Advertiser Feedback Report - which goes out in about 4 hours.

I'll check back one more time before then, on the off-chance that there might be late breaking additions.

Best,

AWR
Old 06-09-2009   #31
polarcherry

polarcherry is on a distinguished road

not liking the new interface at all.
Less is more indeed!
polarcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #32
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

yeah wrote this about it on Friday http://searchenginewatch.com/3633999
Old 06-10-2009   #33
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

Article was a good one and I have a comment there on the release

Best,