Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008   #1
CaseyC

CaseyC is just really niceCaseyC is just really niceCaseyC is just really niceCaseyC is just really nice
Internal page(s) competing against Competitors Homepage

My company's website sells a variety of natural products for many different uses, to both professionals and do it yourselfers. However, many most of these products target very different users and uses. The problem I ahve been fighting is that one of our markets is pretty competitive online and I have found myself competing against other websites wholly dedicated to this subject, where as we just have a section (large section) devoted to this. So, for the last couple of years I have been very focused on getting internal, keyword optimized links to my main internal pages and have had some success. Many of our product related keywords rank among the top for what they should, however it is the more general and most competitive terms that we still struggle with (cant get and stay on the first page). Is there any advice for helping an internal page compete against a homepage. Should I still try and improve Page Rank of my homepage to help strengthen the inner page?
CaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote