Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009   #1
neroma

neroma is on a distinguished road
Keyword Selecton for region

Hello there,

I need some help regarding keyword selection for a client. Say I have a client who gives mortgage advice which only covers a certain area.

However, if I look for keyword with say
mortgage advice yorkshire this has relatively low search volume but if I leave it as mortgage advice this is not only highly competitive but maybe too general.

How do you combat the relative small search volume for demographic searches?
neroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #2
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future
Re: Keyword Selecton for region

you can set the campaign geographically in your set up and then use broad matched terms and get all various searches from that area
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #3
neroma

neroma is on a distinguished road

hi there Aussie,

Im not talking adwords im talking organic seo.
neroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #4
JohnW

JohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud ofJohnW has much to be proud of

>How do you combat the relative small search volume for demographic searches

Go after as many keywords and combinations keywords you can. How about "mortgage advice some nearby city" or instead of "advice", try also words like help, assistance, consultant, consulting. Not sure what applies to you but just some ideas.

And, you might consider google local/adwords
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote