Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009   #1
Farhan

Farhan is on a distinguished road
Question How valuable are links from ezinearticles.com?

i have some unique content but adding it to my blog isnt helping it much since it is new. I was considering submitting it to ezinearticles.com . Is it worth submitting. What is the value of a link from ezine articles from the the point of view of google, seniors please give ur opinion,
thanx,
Farhan.
Farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009   #2
NewKidOnTheBlock

NewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of lightNewKidOnTheBlock is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How valuable are links from ezinearticles.com?

articles aren't the best way to boost link authority anymore.

Link building imho is the one real "PROBLEM" in SEO (these days). Most other things, you can simply go to a forum and ask "hey how do I do this tech stuff?" and if youre reasonably smart and curious youll be ably to apply what people tell you to. Most of that stuff isn't a "problem".

However getting great links to your website is a BIG problem and it takes (creative) problem-solving skills to get that done. That's why the majority of posts as this one go unanswered on SEO forums - Nobody can really tell you what you have to do exactly, and if they tried to they would have to write a whole book on it (it cant be answered with a post or two).

So...a reply you probbaly didnt want to hear , but you got to read every bit of information you can find on link building. Find some trusted sources (SEO blogs) - I suggest www.seobook.com www.stuntdubl.com and www.jimboykin.com - they all have blogs with great information on link building. Go through that information (search those blogs) and then try to find ways how to apply it to your own site.

good luck!:-)
NewKidOnTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #3
Farhan

thanx NewKidOnTheBlock , I really appreciate ur reply........at least u showed me the way and thats all i wanted. I asked ezine coz thats the only one i feel who hasnt got its PR edited and still has an editorial value. But even a 100 links from ezine would still be from single domain. the best way i feel for submitting articles would be finding more authority websites in the same niche and get direct or indirect links(links through indirect strategies) using creative means. Thanx once again u had the courage as well as took out the time to answer this dificult question.

Last edited by Farhan : 04-05-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-05-2009   #4
bradbox

bradbox will become famous soon enoughbradbox will become famous soon enough

Farhan, can you find other blogs and other sites on the net that discuss the same subject matter, and then get in touch with the authors? Build up a rapport with some of the bloggers and sites, and then ask them to publish an article.

A few times I have emailed a number of newspapers (local and national) and asked them if they can include an article (I don't provide the article at this stage), and I've been surprised how quickly I get a response. Depending on the response, I've pursued different 'tactics' from this point on.

You'll be very surprised how little feedback most bloggers and journalists receive - especially with proactive content. Go for it on a couple of sites first, to dip your toe in the water, and see how you get on (and then update this thread!)
bradbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #5
LegalEagle

LegalEagle is on a distinguished road

I post articles at ezine for my clients, and have had great success. My clients get conversions straight from their ezine articles. The trick is to write high quality articles. If you can write some really good, quality articles aimed at your target audience, they can build PR. Several of my clients articles have gained some decent PR in a relatively short amount of time, so I wouldn't completely discount the idea.
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #6
cryptblade
SEO, International SEO, Mobile SEO, SEO Stocks

cryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud ofcryptblade has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
I post articles at ezine for my clients, and have had great success. My clients get conversions straight from their ezine articles. The trick is to write high quality articles. If you can write some really good, quality articles aimed at your target audience, they can build PR. Several of my clients articles have gained some decent PR in a relatively short amount of time, so I wouldn't completely discount the idea.
"Conversions straight from the ezine articles." That's part of the problem from what NewKid wrote; your solution doesn't actually answer the question which is this - are articles a good way to build links for SEO?

Articles generating direct traffic and conversions are one thing. Articles purely for link-building are totally different.

As NewKid wrote - there's no 1 way to do things, particularly for link-building for SEO.

Can you write articles? Sure. If they are good enough, you can gain inbound links - but those articles have to be promoted as well. You also need to be sure your articles are different from your website's content. Chances are, your website will not be as authoritative as the article sites republishing them. So if you publish the articles, your site can have dupe content issues. Better to publish articles strictly for the purpose of 3rd party article publication (and link building).

Link building is about what pages are linking into you. Some article sites place your articles but if that page doesn't have any link-juice, then that link is of low value.

But if link-juice is not what you care about and you want to do articles so that you can have people directly go to your site, then you dont need to worry about link-value of articles.

So you need to separate what "value" you are attributing your links to. Is it to build up link-juice and PageRank? Or is it to help drive direct traffic to your website?
cryptblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #7
rapidvectorseo

rapidvectorseo will become famous soon enoughrapidvectorseo will become famous soon enough

ofcource, i'd recommend ezine. it gives me traffic, who cares for links. Articlebase is my second choice. I don't go for any other directories, IMHO.
rapidvectorseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #8
mooreseo
Oversees: Link Building

mooreseo has a spectacular aura aboutmooreseo has a spectacular aura about

I think there are too many factors in here to give a blanket response. Things like industry, quality of the article, competitive level of the keyword in question, age of the article / link, etc. all play into this. Have I seen value from eZineArticles? Absolutely. Have I seen value from every article they house? Nope. Be careful of blanket statements when it comes to Link Building. While it's not so much a "problem" but an "opportunity," link building has many facets and taking a look at more than one will help you make good decisions moving forward.
mooreseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009   #9
Farhan

Thanx mooreseo for the advice.
Old 04-24-2009   #10
bta

bta is on a distinguished road

You have couple ways to make great success with good content.Posting in enzine is one good way.Content is the king and i suggest you to put it into your website firstly.Then to post on other ways such social networks, split up with twiter, facebook, also you can use program rss2blog which will help you much to post and ping many blogger website to visit your blog.You can post automatic whole pdf and you can set up all manual. Remember to add link with nice anchor pointed to your related website page so you can get links.
Cheers
bta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #11
Farhan

thanx everyone for the valuable input. ok i have now around 15 articles at ezine and they r all pointing to one keyword that i want to rank for and to the the same page(2 pages to be precise). As of now, i am in the first 5(on the first page) for yahoo and msn but still not in the first 10 pages in google. The links are not showing in the webmaster tools of google, so i guess google hasnt picked the links yet.
My initial aim was to improve the blog overall ranking (PR + Traffic + keyword rankings), but as of now i am focused on each page first. Lets see if i can rank for the keyword with google using just ezine. I'll take the link building campaign for the overall blog from there on using ezine(if things work out well with ezine).
The editorial integrity at ezine is very good, so i feel google must be placing good weight on links from it in serps. The prob there is you can get 100 quality links(after putting in lot of work) but at the end u got links from just one unique domain.
My market is not very competitive so i hope things turn out good. Will keep u guys updated.
Thanx Everyone,
Farhan.
Old 04-24-2009   #12
bta

bta is on a distinguished road

give me your website please?i want to analyze him closely

Last edited by bta : 04-24-2009 at 02:19 PM.
bta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #13
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

Ezinearticles are good for referrals but not so good in organic results compared to other top article directories. If you want I can mention some which may help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
i have some unique content but adding it to my blog isnt helping it much since it is new. I was considering submitting it to ezinearticles.com . Is it worth submitting. What is the value of a link from ezine articles from the the point of view of google, seniors please give ur opinion,
thanx,
Farhan.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009   #14
Farhan

Smile Re: How valuable are links from ezinearticles.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bta View Post
give me your website please?i want to analyze him closely
how do u know it is a male?
Old 05-03-2009   #15
Farhan

Thumbs up Re: How valuable are links from ezinearticles.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Ezinearticles are good for referrals but not so good in organic results compared to other top article directories. If you want I can mention some which may help you
Yes Thanx.
Some better directory list would be helpful.
Old 05-04-2009   #16
jag
Forums Valuator, SEW

jag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the roughjag is a jewel in the rough

You are welcome

Initially you can start posting articles in ideamarketers / goarticles and if you want to submit some article links you can go for pixels2life and tutorialized

Best of luck
jag is offline   Reply With Quote