Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google AdWords
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009   #1
kg84

kg84 is on a distinguished road
Campaign Has not gone live, already poor quality score!

I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this happening.
I am in this process of setting up an adwords campaign for a client. I have pretty much everything all set, except for the billing. Already all of their keywords have poor quality scores. I have never seen this before with the many campaigns I have set up. These keywords are very relative to the content of their website.

So I am wondering, how could they already have poor quality score on all their keywords? This campaign seems doomed before it has even started.
kg84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #2
kg84

Re: Campaign Has not gone live, already poor quality score!

I have just learned, that this client had a PPC campaign in the past, managed by another company. Apparently, they were complete hacks and were buying a bunch of irrelevant keywords.

Is it possible that the history of poor performance, from an old campaign, is effecting the new campaign scores?

If so this client does have another url, I wonder if I used that if that would make a difference...
Old 02-24-2009   #3
kg84

Update:

I just tried the client's other url. Everything seems normal. All the quality scores look good.

Goes to show you that you got to be careful who you hire to manage your PPC campaigns.
Old 02-25-2009   #4
AussieWebmaster
Forums Editor, SearchEngineWatch

AussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant futureAussieWebmaster has a brilliant future

Quality scores can carry over but if you make sure the keywords are in the ads and on the pages you should lower the individual keywords quickly... just when first setting up you may have a poor score that gets changed once launched
AussieWebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #5
abbottsys
Oversees AdWords

abbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud ofabbottsys has much to be proud of

Yes, history counts. But setup best you can, with keyword in the ad headline, the landing page TITLE TAG and landing page content. Run the ad for real, and you should eventually get back your reputation! Sounds like the previous SEM company broke things bad.
abbottsys is offline   Reply With Quote