Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engine Marketing Strategies > Search Engine Optimization > Link Building
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2006   #1
rockcoastmedia

rockcoastmedia has a spectacular aura aboutrockcoastmedia has a spectacular aura aboutrockcoastmedia has a spectacular aura about
Optimizing blogs for Technorati

Is there anything you can do outside of standard title tags, great content, etc to better optimize your blog to come up higher in the technorati SERPs?
rockcoastmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #2
mphung
mphung

mphung is on a distinguished road
Most blog search engines, including Technorati, put heavy emphasis on recency. Generally, the younger an article, the higher up it will appear on the list of entries related to the search term. Also important in Technorati is a blog's "authority", which is the number of other Technorati-tracked blogs that link to you.

So: 1) Get a lot of blogs to link to you. 2) Always be writing something new.
mphung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #3
rockcoastmedia

rockcoastmedia has a spectacular aura aboutrockcoastmedia has a spectacular aura aboutrockcoastmedia has a spectacular aura about
thanks

Thanks mphung,

We do add about 3 entries a week to our blog, and it is linked to by a handfull of other relevant blogs. The probelm I see is finding and asking others to link to you. Do you have a good strategy for getting those blogroll links? I think we put out some pretty good content, as well as many of our clients.

Also, does non-relevant blogs matter in the linking process? I know for a normal Google or Yahoo SEO effort, I would not give a second thought to asking for a non relevant link, even if it were a client, who would do it without hesitation, because I know that link would be so heavily discounted by the search engine. Does Technorati work in the same way?
rockcoastmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #4
mphung
mphung

mphung is on a distinguished road
I do not believe Technorati is that sophisticated. I think more is better where Technorati is concerned.

Another strategy for for Technorati is making liberal use of tags. Tag every post with as many relevant tags as you can, and assign high-volume search terms to the blog itself (within your Technorati account).

This won't make your posts appear higher in the results, but it will make you appear in more results. Users can search by tags, by keywords within the post, and by blogs on a topic, so the more you tag everything the more results you'll come up for. (Think of it like the old meta keywords standard of old)
mphung is offline   Reply With Quote