Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Google > Google Web Search
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006   #21
Carlos Chacón

Carlos Chacón is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspotting
It seems to be everything ok, for a short time the PR was down but now it´s normal like before.
Actually the PR has increased for some portals.
Thank you!
Old 05-06-2006   #22
offshelfnet
hoodia gordonii plus

offshelfnet is on a distinguished road
I droped from PR 3 to PR 0

Definatly G doing something and I do not like it, but the worse I can not explaine anything anymore
Old 05-06-2006   #23
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have kept my PR for all my pages, but my links page has lost it's rank all together:

http://www.centrictravel.com/benidorm-links.htm
But it's still cached:

Quote:
This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.centrictravel.com/benidorm-links.html as retrieved on 20 Aug 2005 09:14:16 GMT.
Must be supplemental, which isn't necessarily related to whether pages are cached and/or whether they're showing TPR.

Quote:
Too many outgoing links?
That isn't likely, there are pages with more outbound links that are currently cached and showing PR. How's the linking within the site to that page?

Last edited by Marcia : 05-06-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2006   #24
ganeshjacharya

ganeshjacharya is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by richhamilton
I have kept my PR for all my pages, but my links page has lost it's rank all together:

centrictravel.com/benidorm-links.html

Too many outgoing links?
alicante-spain.com 6
astro-singapore-hotel.com 5
benidorm-one.com 2
beniflats.com 4
clubitworld.com 3
contactexpats.com 5
email-car-hire.com 4
emusicalgifts.com 5
euroresidentes.com 6
expatshopping.coop 4
expatsreunite.com 5
floridapropertyportal.com 3
hampersfromhome.co.uk 4
holswap.com 5
hotels-in-benidorm.co.uk 3
ideahomefinder.com.cy 3
idealspain.com 5
inertiatours.com 5
javeavillaholidays.com 3
ngsbs.com 2
sleepinspain.com 6
spanishbars.com 3
spanishholidaysguide.com 5
spanish-property-partnership.biz 0
spanishpropertyportal.com 4
thebenidormguide.com 3
travel-agents.org 6
travel-directory.org 5
trektheuk.comb 5
tripadvisor.com 9

Why's this page getting a low PR????????????? The links in this page are OK..

But all are not from the same category though. You should maintain the links around the same cateogy no matter what. But still I do not understand the reason for the fall.

Anyone here please explain.

Thanks!
Ganesh J. Acharya

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 05-12-2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: removed live links
Old 05-12-2006   #25
consultsw

Anticipating next Google pagerank update on 25th May 06

Anticipating next Google pagerank update on 25th May 06

Google seems to have expanded their differentiation between bogus links and earned links with this latest update.

(deleted)

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 05-12-2006 at 09:48 AM. Reason: deleted signature link. please read FAQ for rules.

Old 05-12-2006   #26
richhamilton

richhamilton is on a distinguished road
PR Updates

Well, I'll wait to see what happens on the next update. I must be due for a PR4 on my homepage pretty soon.

(deleted)

Last edited by Chris Boggs : 05-12-2006 at 09:47 AM. Reason: delete repeated link. no signature links per forum FAQ
Old 05-27-2006   #27
Pebbs

Pebbs is on a distinguished road
Sorry for my ignorance, but just getting into doing some webpages and trying very hard to get the site listed. I have applied to the searches and show ok for MSN and Yahoo search, but google has us in the toilet*grin*. I see you all seem to have a method for seeing what your ranking is. How do you do that? I have been banging my head trying to fiqure out how you know your ranking. Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Old 05-27-2006   #28
Carlos Chacón

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbs
Sorry for my ignorance, but just getting into doing some webpages and trying very hard to get the site listed. I have applied to the searches and show ok for MSN and Yahoo search, but google has us in the toilet*grin*. I see you all seem to have a method for seeing what your ranking is. How do you do that? I have been banging my head trying to fiqure out how you know your ranking. Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Hi,
This thread is about the PR (Page Rank). This is sometime just related with a Google interpretation on websites (More here http://www.google.com/technology/)
In other hand, find a website’s ranking will be a very hard work if you are doing “manually”. I suggest you to use some good software and simplified your time.
At the same time, do not forget to keep inform about the SEO world here at this forum and the main page http://searchenginewatch.com/
Old 05-27-2006   #29
Pebbs

Pebbs is on a distinguished road
Thanks for taking the time to respond Carlos . I think that is what I am wanting.....a PR. If I understand correctly the better the pr the more visitors you get ....right? I don't know where all these people find how they rank....I just know we suck on google*grin*.

What would you suggest for the best software to use on a fruggel budget. The sites I work on are all non profit.

I have been pouring over the information and find this will be a great resourse for me. I just have to learn the lingo to understand most of it..haha. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-29-2006   #30
Carlos Chacón

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbs
Thanks for taking the time to respond Carlos . I think that is what I am wanting.....a PR. If I understand correctly the better the pr the more visitors you get ....right? I don't know where all these people find how they rank....I just know we suck on google*grin*.

What would you suggest for the best software to use on a fruggel budget. The sites I work on are all non profit.

I have been pouring over the information and find this will be a great resourse for me. I just have to learn the lingo to understand most of it..haha. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Thanks again for your help.
No. PR is not related with your website’s traffic. This is something coming from G to us via Google Toolbar. If you want to know your website’s toolbar ranking, go here toolbar.google.com/ and download it, it is free. This will be a green bar appearing just on the middle of the all toolbar.

But remember the G PR is something generated by G and won’t have any relation on your Google´s rankings. G positioning is more complex like the all Search Engine Optimization area. Some sites can’t be optimized maybe because many factors.

Send me PM to give you some brand names on software’s that I have using on my daily SEO work.
I will be waiting for that.

Carlos
Old 06-13-2006   #31
vivace

vivace is on a distinguished road
Question Page ranking changes

Oddly I've managed to pick up a PR4 for ebay's 'My eBay' page ( which only I can view! ) and a big fat PR0 for our 3 month old site with loads of content www.vivaceviolin.com !

Strange indeed...
Old 06-28-2006   #32
donelson
World's best virtual tours

donelson is on a distinguished road
All Change - 27 June "update"

Webmaster World is reporting an "update"

This "update" has been disastrous for us; AdSense revenue down by 40% or more today...

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/34979.htm
Old 06-30-2006   #33
Carlos Chacón

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelson
Webmaster World is reporting an "update"

This "update" has been disastrous for us; AdSense revenue down by 40% or more today...

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/34979.htm
So... what will be the name of this new update??
Old 06-30-2006   #34
Marcia

Marcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond reputeMarcia has a reputation beyond repute
It isn't an update, but some discussion is going on here:

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/...ad.php?t=12466
Closed Thread