Search Engine Watch
SEO News

Go Back   Search Engine Watch Forums > Search Engines & Directories > Ask.com
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2005   #1
bulsworth

bulsworth is on a distinguished road
No Agency Acct for Ask Jeeves New PPC

I just spoke with an Ask Jeeves rep and they said that there is no agency account like google's my client center with their program. You would think that this would have been part of the plan since it is so common.

How are others dealing with managing multiple accounts via their new system?
bulsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #2
Phoenix

Phoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nicePhoenix is just really nice
Ask might get to that point eventually setting up an interface in which agencies can use to manage multiple accounts. I think it will depend though on how receptive the general "public" being businesses and agencies take to the new sponsored listing program with Ask. It might have been a 50/50 to do an interface, but I guess they figured they better not jump the gun and spend time and money intergrating something for agencies. It take Google a little while to develop something and who knows they might have already something in the works.

It also goes back to how willing Ask is to work with agencies as well. Being that there is not system in place, it may take some time for the natural relations to develop for them to justify such a move.

As for my own accounts. Not having too much trouble, as I haven't put many clients in the system yet. Still testing basically.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #3
bulsworth

bulsworth is on a distinguished road
Any good results so far?
bulsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #4
Mike McGrath

Mike McGrath is on a distinguished road
listingssupport@askjeeves.com

Bulsworth, hi, I'm on the Ask Jeeves client services team, saw your post, and wanted to respond: The new automated system does allow advertisers or agencies to link together an unlimited number of accounts, each with an unlimited number of campaigns. To set this up, go to the “Manage Account Access” page for your account. Then, input the account name (i.e. email address) in the “Give User Access to this Account Address” and choose the access level (Read, Read and Modify, etc.).

Advertisers spending less than $5,000/month needing help to set this up or have questions about other features can use the product’s online help or contact us via email at listingssupport@askjeeves.com.

Advertisers spending over $5,000/month can take advantage of our AJSL Managed Account program and work with a dedicated client services contact who can establish accounts, set up campaigns, upload keyword lists, provide optimization suggestions, etc. for you. The dedicated representative can also set up monthly invoicing for qualified advertisers.

Mike McGrath
Ask Jeeves Sponsored Listings Client Services
Mike McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote